Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script to produce a file Post 302316707 by mingming88 on Saturday 16th of May 2009 04:34:49 AM
Old 05-16-2009
Perl Script to produce a file

hi
i got a file called essay which contain few pages with many paragraphs. now i wanna with PERL to produce another file which called Essaylist that contain a sorted list of words that appear in the file essay.

the format for Essaylist:
$word found $times times on page a b c....
where $word is the word appear in the file, $times is the times that the word appear in the file and a b c is the page number that the word appeared.

i did something like that

Code:
file = essay

# Nothing has been seen
%seen = ();

# read words from input
while (<$file>)
{
	while ( /(\w['\w-]*)/g)
	{
		# Increment the counter
		$seen{lc $1}++;
	}
}

# output hash in a 
foreach $word (sort {  } keys %seen)
{
	print "$word found $seen{$word} times on pages $page\n";
}

the code above is not working, so can anyone please help me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding things in a file and produce a new one

I wanna add a ":" at the end of each line, and i did something like this: cat Totals | while read ID TOTAL do echo "${ID}:${TOTAL}:" >>Totals2 done File: Totals 12345678:13 21443433:20 The outputs file Totals2 is: 12345678:13:: 21443433:20:: but i want 12345678:13:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to produce a file by many files?

i got these files: files: Prac1, Prac2, Prac3 (these 3 files have the same format), the format : Prac1 20693680 10 20179687 9 20781637 5 21907894 6 Prac2 20693680 8 20179687 6 21907894 2 Prac3 20693680 8 21907894 9 file STUDENTS, the format: 20693680:familyname, firstname (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Caller Script should produce and email from 4 different script within it

Hi I wrote a shell script , which includes one output file which is emailed back to me , when the script runs . Now i want to slip the script into 4 different shell scripts each of which taking the parameter PROD or DEV, and include all the 4 different shell scripts in a caller script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get file content and produce command

hi buddies; ip.txt: 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.5 ... parameters.txt: portvalue username password session ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to produce report of High Utilization Processes

Hi, I have requirement to produce a report on high CPU utilization processes and the processes lying on the CPU for long time (Long running queries). The report should append into the files every 3 minutes. I use prstat to pull top 5 and found the following result. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinakarmani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in modifying existing Perl Script to produce report of dupes

Hello, I have a large amount of data with the following structure: Word=Transliterated word I have written a Perl Script (reproduced below) which goes through the full file and identifies all dupes on the right hand side. It creates successfully a new file with two headers: Singletons and Dupes.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to produce a executable Oracle script from bash script?

Hi here's my code ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus /nolog <<!EOF --step 5 create db script start set feedback off set heading off set echo off conn / as sysdba spool ${ORACLE_SID}_db_link.sql SELECT 'CREATE '||DECODE(U.NAME,'PUBLIC','public ')||'DATABASE LINK '||CHR(10)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help fix my script to get alerts when the command produce n expected output

Hi, Below is my script, which is used to invoke a test using curl command. #/usr/bin/sh MAILTO=user@xyz.com URL='https://myserver.xyz.net/test/dir/test123.tws' SOAPFILE=/tmp/soap.txt curl -k -s -S --header 'Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8' --data @"${SOAPFILE}" "${URL}" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)