Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy only new files or files of a different size Post 302316584 by arnoldg on Friday 15th of May 2009 12:45:52 PM
Old 05-15-2009
copy only new files or files of a different size

hello

i would like to copy files from 1 location to a nother, but it has only to copy files which are newer or have a different filesize.
all has to be logged to a copy.log file (als skipped files should be in the log)

is this possible with the cp command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script working for small size files but not for big size files.

Hi, I have one file stat. Stat file contents are as follows: for example. H50768020040913,00260100,507680,13,0000000643,0000000643,00000,0000 H50769520040808,00260100,507695,13,0000000000,0000000000,00000,0000 H50770620040611,00260100,507706,13,0000000000,0000000000,00000,0000 Now i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidpreml
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

This script cut size of files "Lol" change string in files

Basic: find . -type f -name “*.txt” -print | awk '{gsub("Ontem", "AntesdeOntem", $0); print > FILENAME}' *.txt The idea is in folder /home/myapontamentos I have some files and i need to change in all them the word "ontem" to "antesdeontem". But bigger files are cut (size i mean)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: single
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files of differrent size with one field common in both files using awk

hi, i am facing a problem in merging two files using awk, the problem is as stated below, file1: A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|1 M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|2 AA|BB|CC|DD|EE|FF|GG|HH|II|1 .... .... .... file2 : 1|Mn|op|qr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi1982
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files have same size

Hello, I want remove files have same size in a directory. this command only find this files. ls -l | awk '$1!~/^d/{if(size!=""){ print}size=$8}' I want to remove the files of the same size. samples: 5 files are same size. I want to keep only first file. Thank you very much for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locate the files in the first column and copy the files in 2nd column

#cat data.txt file1 folder1 file2 thisforfile2 file3 thisfolderforfile3 lata4 folder4 step 1: create the folder first in column 2 for i in `awk '{print $2}' data.txt` do mkdir /home/data/$i done step 2: locate the files in column1 and stored them into a file for i in... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Files by size

I am new to Unix and need help. I have several files of different sizes Example: 1 GB , 2GB , 500 mb ,200mb and even small sizes. What I want is I want to pick files and sum of the combined file size should be less than 3 Gb and move them to a different directory. when I do ls -ltr I want to pcik... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pyarigreat
1 Replies
gnomevfs-copy(1)						   User Commands						  gnomevfs-copy(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-copy - copy a file from one VFS location to another SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-copy [-h] source-URI destination-URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-copy copies a file from one URI location to another, using the virtual file system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Display usage and help information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: source-URI Specifies the source file location in standard URI format. destination-URI Specifies the destination file or directory location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Copying a File From a Web Server to a Local File example% gnomevfs-copy http://www.sun.com file:///home/user/index.html ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-copy Executable to copy a file from one VFS location to another ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-cat(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-copy(1)