Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux LVM (volume manager) and virtual disks Post 302316554 by otheus on Friday 15th of May 2009 11:42:25 AM
Old 05-15-2009
well, preferably, i would like to keep it. the idea is to clone the disk, make some changes to it (using a "master" vm), and then use it in another vm.

I didn't see anything meaningful that I could with vgchange.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Problem for restoring lvm on different disks

Hi all, I have a server running in RH ES4, the SCSI HD are running in RAID 1. I backup the LVM config by using 'vgcfgbackup' and then remove all the HD. I insert another HD (same size & branch but different model) into the machine and run linux rescue to recreate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

4. SuSE

Remove disks from VGs in LVM

Hi, I have following set up on Open suse 11 vgdisplay pvdisplay lvdisplay I would like to remove these disks /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc from LVM and do not use them for anything.. Can anyone please help me with this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upengan78
1 Replies

5. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VERITAS Volume Manager - mirror a disk/volume

I have a machine (5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210) that we are upgrading the storage and my task is to mirror what is already on the machine to the new disk. I have the disk, it is labeled and ready but I am not sure of the next steps to mirror the existing diskgroup and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookieuxixsa
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Create volume using LVM over 2 physical disks

I wanted to know how we can combine volumes over 2 physical drives. # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 42.9 GB, 42949672960 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 5221 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
16 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configure LVM to gain access to the data on disks

Hello friends, We had to upgrade RHEL 4.x to 5.7 so we took complete backup. Since DIRECT UPGRADE not possible, we rebuilt 5.7 from scratch. We had lvm configuration on DATA disks in previous OS and now we need to configure such that we should be able to have same old LVM configuration (like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Disks are not visible in Veritas Volume manager

Hi I have created a new setup for VCS for doing some testing on virtual box. After creating 3 Solaris 10 machine (147148-26) with VCS. Here I have used one machine as ISCSI Storage. VCS Version is bash-3.2# /opt/VRTS/bin/haclus -value EngineVersion 6.0.10.0 bash-3.2# bash-3.2# pkginfo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
PVCK(8)                                                       System Manager's Manual                                                      PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVCK(8)