Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare two executables
Top Forums Programming Compare two executables Post 302316537 by shamrock on Friday 15th of May 2009 11:10:55 AM
Old 05-15-2009
You can list dynamic dependencies with ldd...it shows all the shared libs loaded by the executable at runtime. If the new version is not running then maybe there is something wrong with the new APIs. So what errors you are getting and can you post them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot create executables

I am trying to install PROFTPD-1.2.7 on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 Server with a gcc-2.95.2 installed the VOLS files from http://www.caldera.com/skunkware. The problem I am having is when I try to run ./configure in the proftpd directory I get this error: # ./configure checking build system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
6 Replies

2. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

3. Programming

Error creating executables

hi, I am getting error when trying to create binaaries for Xerces C++ error is configure:error:installation:cofihuration error:compiler cant create executables ??????????? Thanks in advance im using AIX flavour of IBM Im using ./configure command to create binaries.Its saying c... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan2309
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding shell scripts to executables

Hi, I have written a shell script for automating some of our repetitive activities. I want all my colleagues to use my script and do the activities automatically by just running the script. But I do not want them to see the code. Is there a way we can generate something like an executable... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokachari
16 Replies

5. Solaris

C compiler cannot create executables

Hi, I'm trying to compile Apache2.2 (I know it is available as a package) on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11. I've installed gcc-3 and gnu-bintutils via pkg. The config.log is attached (as config.txt). I don't see what I'm missing. Thanks, Doug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Doug_M
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running executables in ksh

I am trying a set up a very simple korn shell script. It has 2 basic steps. Firstly I read the first line of a text file (which is a file name) Secondly I run a fortran executable using that line I must be doing something wring because it wouldn't work. I know that the executable wants the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larangunn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for executables

Hello Unix users, this is my first post here. :) I want to search a directory (and subdirectories) for executable files (files with rwx------ permission) and move them to a different folder. What Unix commands can accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagan_Radiation
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Makefile with multiple executables

I am trying to create executables for the following files Currently, I am making 9 different directories for for each. I would like to make 1 directory but everytime I try it does not work. CROSS_COMPILE?= # CROSS_COMPILE used to = arm-arago-linux-gnueabi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with executables

Hi everyone, I am working with an executable (let's say work) in bash shell. When I run this work executable it asks the following information; 1- choose task a or b 2- input file 3- output file 4- some operational choices after it reads the given input file, does some algebraic... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
17 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Gcc cannot create executables

https://www.unix.com/302461112-post1.html Thank you. It's still in Linux Mint 17 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies
GZEXE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe -- create auto-decompressing executables SYNOPSIS
gzexe [-d] file ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility uses gzip(1) to compress executables, producing executables that decompress on-the-fly when executed. This saves disk space, at the cost of slower execution times. The original executables are saved by copying each of them to a file with the same name with a '~' suffix appended. After verifying that the compressed executables work as expected, the backup files can be removed. The options are as follows: -d Decompress executables previously compressed by gzexe. The gzexe program refuses to compress non-regular or non-executable files, files with a setuid or setgid bit set, files that are already com- pressed using gzexe or programs it needs to perform on-the-fly decompression: sh(1), mktemp(1), rm(1), echo(1), tail(1), gzip(1), and chmod(1). SEE ALSO
gzip(1) CAVEATS
The gzexe utility replaces files by overwriting them with the generated compressed executable. To be able to do this, it is required that the original files are writable. BSD
July 30, 2003 BSD