Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to grep/awk into array Post 302316481 by panyam on Friday 15th of May 2009 08:18:42 AM
Old 05-15-2009
might be another way to work around

Code:

awk '/^IMATRL/ { arr[++i]=$0 } END {for (j in arr) print arr[j] }' rem.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep in array -perl

hi all i have 2 array one is refernce array where as other array is generated from text file. array A has all letters from A-z and a-z and i want to find out which letters are missing in generated array and push them in another array to display them. i have following code .... for my $ref... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl array grep

Hi, I have the following array. @a=( ,); and want to push @a,() if the 6 is not in the $a. This is simplified out of a longer script but im trying for days now and get sick of it. Can any of you help me on this. Cheers Markus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elvis00
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variables/array in grep command

Hi, I have a reqmt as i have some values in array and I want to search each value in a file by grep command. Here goes my scripting: #!/bin/ksh set -A ArrayA CENTER LEFT RIGHT echo "ArrayA contains: ${ArrayAİ*¨}" grep -e "${ArrayAİ*¨}" filename.txt The above grep is working for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 array files using grep

Using the bash shell I am trying to read in 2 files. The first file (file1) is a list of names to search for in (file2). If a name in file1 is found in file2 I want the entire line in file2 to be printed to an output file. File1 consists of a single column of names. File2 consists of several... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanna001
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl grep array against array

Hi, Is there any way I can grep an array against another array? Basically here's what I need to do. There will be an array containing some fixed texts and I have to check whether some files contain these lines. Reading the same files over and over again for each different pattern doesnt seem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

!!EMERGENCY!! - GREP/CUT to array

hi people, I have a text file containing data, seperated by TAB. I want to process this tab'ed data as variable. how can I assign this? Ex: 11aaa 12000 13aaa 14aaa 15aaa 16aaa 17aaa 21aaa 22000 23aaa 24aaa 25aaa 26aaa 27aaa 31aaa 32000 33aaa 34aaa 35aaa 36aaa 37aaa 41aaa 42000 43aaa... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

array and string with for-loop and grep

Hello together, first of all, iam really a beginner in Shellskripting and i need some help please. Following Task i try to finished: vmtoolsd --cmd 'info-get guestinfo.ovfEnv' > vmt In the file vmt are some strings that iam searching for. For that i try to create a array like: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreipapier
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies
COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3) 					 1					   COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3)

Collator::sortWithSortKeys - Sort array using specified collator and sort keys

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool Collator::sortWithSortKeys (array &$arr) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool collator_sort_with_sort_keys (Collator $coll, array &$arr) Similar to collator_sort(3) but uses ICU sorting keys produced by ucol_getSortKey() to gain more speed on large arrays. PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $arr -Array of strings to sort RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_sort_with_sort_keys(3) example <?php $arr = array( 'Kopfe', 'Kypper', 'Kopfe' ); $coll = collator_create( 'sv' ); collator_sort_with_sort_keys( $coll, $arr ); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'Kopfe', 1 => 'Kypper', 2 => 'Kopfe', ) SEE ALSO
Collator constants, collator_sort(3), collator_asort(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3)