Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix (not Linux) on x86 chips? Post 302316281 by bakunin on Thursday 14th of May 2009 03:39:16 PM
Old 05-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padow
Not sure what HPUX runs on.
On the PA-RISC chip, which is based on the Motorola 88000 chip design.

HP ceased to produce PA-RISC chips (last series was the 9000) in end of 2008 and announced to switch over to Itanium.

Another formerly professional workstation now running on hobby electronics.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies

3. Linux

Linux ES 4 Update 4 (x86)

I have cdrom with the following files which I copieed on my hard drive. RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc1.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc4.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc2.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc5.iso RHEL4-U4-i386-ES-disc3.iso What shell I do now to upgrade linux version. :o Thank you zam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
6 Replies

4. Linux

linux-gate - x86 - a few questions

I'm aware of the linux-gate VDSO used to implement the sysenter mechanism for system calls. On older kernels this was mapped to a static location in the address space of each process. Newer kernels allow this to be dynamically located (though I don't think it's used by any distribution yet). How... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: G_Morgan
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

What are Your Favorite Chips? Mine are Doritos Nacho Cheesier!

By far, Doritos Nacho Cheesier are the best tasting chips, well at least too me. Have you tried them? What are your favorite chips? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

veritas volume manager for x86 linux

Dear All, I am running 32 bit RHEL5 in vmware platform ( windows XP ). Is there any free version of veritas volume manager available, if yes please provide the link. Regards, snjksh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snjksh
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

40 years of chips

I've been thinking about modern CPUs. Apart from x86 and SPARC, is there any other 'kind' of CPU used today in computers (not in playstation3, phones and similar) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
6 Replies

8. SuSE

Upgrading from Suse Linux 10.1(x86-64)

Hi I don't know if this is good place for this post. I`m using a laptop whit suse Linux 10.1 installed on it (since I bought it) and its only Importance is one industrial 3d scan software installed on it. its an old laptop whit an old version of Linux is it possible to backup this installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkhb75
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Apple looking to switch to using in-house ARM chips for their HW.

Hi guys and gals... Intel reportedly expects Apple to start the Mac's transition to ARM next year - 9to5Mac (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
libsensors(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     libsensors(3)

NAME
libsensors - publically accessible functions provided by the sensors library SYNOPSIS
#include <sensors.h> int sensors_init(FILE *input); void sensors_cleanup(void); int sensors_parse_chip_name(const char *orig_name, sensors_chip_name *res); int sensors_match_chip(sensors_chip_name chip1, sensors_chip_name chip2); int sensors_chip_name_has_wildcards(sensors_chip_name chip); const char *sensors_get_adapter_name(int bus_nr); const char *sensors_get_algorithm_name(int bus_nr); int sensors_get_label(sensors_chip_name name, int feature, char **result); int sensors_get_feature(sensors_chip_name name, int feature, double *result); int sensors_set_feature(sensors_chip_name name, int feature, double value); int sensors_do_chip_sets(sensors_chip_name name); extern int sensors_do_all_sets(void); const sensors_chip_name *sensors_get_detected_chips(int *nr); const sensors_feature_data *sensors_get_all_features (sensors_chip_name name, int *nr1,int *nr2); DESCRIPTION
int sensors_init(FILE *input); (Re)load the configuration file and the detected chips list. If this returns a value unequal to zero, you are in trouble; you can not assume anything will be initialized properly. void sensors_cleanup(void); Strictly optional clean-up function: You can't access anything after this, until the next sensors_init() call! int sensors_parse_chip_name(const char *orig_name, sensors_chip_name *res); Parse a chip name to the internal representation. Return 0 on succes, <0 on error. int sensors_match_chip(sensors_chip_name chip1, sensors_chip_name chip2); Compare two chips name descriptions, to see whether they could match. Return 0 if it does not match, return 1 if it does match. int sensors_chip_name_has_wildcards (sensors_chip_name chip); Check whether the chip name is an 'absolute' name, which can only match one chip, or whether it has wildcards. Returns 0 if it is absolute, 1 if there are wildcards. const char *sensors_get_adapter_name(int bus_nr); const char *sensors_get_algorithm_name(int bus_nr); These functions return the adapter and algorithm names of a bus number, as used within the sensors_chip_name structure. If it could not be found, it returns NULL int sensors_get_label(sensors_chip_name name, int feature, char **result); Look up the label which belongs to this chip. Note that chip should not contain wildcard values! *result is newly allocated (free it your- self). This function will return 0 on success, and <0 on failure. int sensors_get_feature(sensors_chip_name name, int feature, double *result); Read the value of a feature of a certain chip. Note that chip should not contain wildcard values! This function will return 0 on success, and <0 on failure. int sensors_set_feature(sensors_chip_name name, int feature, double value); Set the value of a feature of a certain chip. Note that chip should not contain wildcard values! This function will return 0 on success, and <0 on failure. int sensors_do_chip_sets(sensors_chip_name name); Execute all set statements for this particular chip. The chip may contain wildcards! This function will return 0 on success, and <0 on failure. int sensors_do_all_sets(void); Execute all set statements for all detected chips. This is the same as calling sensors_do_chip_sets with an all wildcards chip name const sensors_chip_name *sensors_get_detected_chips (int *nr); This function returns all detected chips, one by one. To start at the beginning of the list, use 0 for nr; NULL is returned if we are at the end of the list. Do not try to change these chip names, as they point to internal structures! Do not use nr for anything else. This structure is used when you want to get all features of a specific chip. typedef struct sensors_feature_data { int number; const char *name; int mapping; int unused; int mode; } sensors_feature_data; The field sensors_feature_data can be one of: SENSORS_MODE_NO_RW, SENSORS_MODE_R, SENSORS_MODE_W, SENSORS_MODE_RW or SENSORS_NO_MAPPING. const sensors_feature_data *sensors_get_all_features (sensors_chip_name name, int *nr1,int *nr2); This returns all features of a specific chip. They are returned in bunches: everything with the same mapping is returned just after each other, with the master feature in front (that feature does not map to itself, but has SENSORS_NO_MAPPING as mapping field). nr1 and nr2 are two internally used variables. Set both to zero to start again at the begin of the list. If no more features are found NULL is returned. Do not try to change the returned structure; you will corrupt internal data structures. CONFORMING TO
lm_sensors-2.x SEE ALSO
sensors.conf(5) December 30, 1998 libsensors(3)