Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: man page question
Operating Systems Solaris man page question Post 302316279 by jlliagre on Thursday 14th of May 2009 03:25:58 PM
Old 05-14-2009
Indeed, growfs hasn't changed (enough) for its manual page to evolve.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding a man page

I was wonderiong if ther is a way for a user to add a man page specific to thier account. similar to copying the .1 or .1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1 "cp *.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1". Except for using another folder as I don't have access to /usr/share/man/man1. I would think that this might involve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacob358
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

scp-1.2.27 man page

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the man page for scp version 1.2.27 I have an old redhat server that has a few large scripts that use this version and I want to know what the -A flag does and the man page is not on there. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

man page issue

Man page is not working my system. It is giving the following the following error > man ls gdbm fatal: read error with debug option > man -d ls ... .... ... ... using less as pager checking for locale en_US add_nls_manpath(): processing /usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to get help from man page

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Creating a Man page for a command

Hi, I would like to develop a man page as the one we usually get when we execute man <command name>. This man page will be for a samll utility that i have written. If this is not possible then what are the available possibilites for creating such help. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error reading a man page

Hello, hope this is the correct forum for this question. I have created a man page, named nfwatchdog.1.gz. This man page was installed under /usr/share/man/man1. When I execute: man nfwatchdog from any location, the man page is incorrectly opened (I see ASCII garbage). But when I directly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nardix
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to write a UNIX man page

I realise that with GNU 'info' a lot of developers become, dare I say it, quite lazy when it comes to providing a well written man page - and some argue they're not needed at all. But I find, in the products that I develop, that man pages are used more often for quick reference, and therefore the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cambridge
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man page in MANPATH not found

dear unix experts, the 'man' command on my system isn't finding a manpage that is in a MANPATH directory, or even when I specify the path directly: 12:56pm ilya@node1390 /idi/sabetilab/ilya/usr/share/man $ man -M . xemacs No manual entry for xemacs 12:56pm ilya@node1390... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: notestaff
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)