Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users run win app on Linux -performance issue Post 302316164 by raedbenz on Thursday 14th of May 2009 08:57:45 AM
Old 05-14-2009
run win app on Linux -performance issue

We develop software for diagnostic tools for cars. we a use a portable PC(x86) runs Win98 to run our applications.
Hence the working environment in the company is Windows, specifically we use BASIC to develop the GUI, communication functions, DLL, etc. and run them on the Win98 PC.
We suggested to use the portable embedded pc with Linux (Debian) to cut costs. we managed to port Linux and run our applications using Wine. But the performance was really slow.
do u have any other suggestions to use Linux in our product, but to keep the applications, host environment, and all related software as it is (Windows compatible).
??
thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run app in BSD under OS X

Hi, I have a problem running application in BSD in os x. I want to run a app called "iCab", so i type "./iCab"...it then gave me a load of "A^@A^@A^@A^@A^@A^@A^@A^@..." OS X is BSD, so this should mean that i can be able to use the terminal to launch stuff; right? and also, how can i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ah54wxcr4
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

win and linux

Hello everyone I have two disks one with win2000 and the other I´m going to install mandrake10 . There is some way when Im finished to install mandrake when Im boot the machine I can make a selection or windows or linux. When I do this in a single disk I have no problem. but In this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run mono app using .sh script

I did a search for this problem but couldn't find any specific answers to my problem. We have a .NET application compiled in SharpDevelop for Mono which we want to execute with a .sh shell script on Ubuntu. When we execute the script nothing happens meaning the application's visual interface... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JacquesB
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux machine performance issue.

One of our database server is suddenly became very slow and i have no clue what to do .Please help. I m sharing the performance inforamtion regarding cpu,harddisk,ram . ########CPU Information######## Machine Uptime Information: uptime 10:25:06 up 16:50, 1 user, load average: 5.84, 5.65,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run files with an app

hello, I need help in Unix scripting I have a whole list of file name in a Input file. I need to run the command iteratively and output the result into a text file e.g While read < Input file ; do QUERY filenane done > output.txt Appreciate your help Thank you Suhas;) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suhas Kurse
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Performance issue in Linux

IN solaris, for network high-availability we are using IPMP concept, can u tell me in REDHAT LINUX what we are using... also pls share good step to read & understand the that concept... Also performance issue in linux what are step & cmd can u tell me??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger09
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux shell programming performance issue

Hi All, can any one help me on this please. Replace sting in FILE1.txt with FILE2.txt. FILE1.txt record must have at least one state is repeated once.But need to replace only from second occurrence in record in FILE1.txt Condition: order of searching the records in FILE2.txt is impartent.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ureddy
8 Replies
PTHREAD_YIELD(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  PTHREAD_YIELD(3)

NAME
pthread_yield - yield the processor SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_yield(void); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
pthread_yield() causes the calling thread to relinquish the CPU. The thread is placed at the end of the run queue for its static priority and another thread is scheduled to run. For further details, see sched_yield(2) RETURN VALUE
On success, pthread_yield() returns 0; on error, it returns an error number. ERRORS
On Linux, this call always succeeds (but portable and future-proof applications should nevertheless handle a possible error return). CONFORMING TO
This call is nonstandard, but present on several other systems. Use the standardized sched_yield(2) instead. NOTES
On Linux, this function is implemented as a call to sched_yield(2). SEE ALSO
sched_setscheduler(2), sched_yield(2) pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-04-10 PTHREAD_YIELD(3)