Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Distinguishing between CPU and Core Post 302316129 by vineetd on Thursday 14th of May 2009 07:23:12 AM
Old 05-14-2009
Distinguishing between CPU and Core

Hi,

I want to know if in UNIX is it possible to distinguish between a CPU and a core through any command?

Thanks,

Vineet

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpu and core

Hi, what is concept of core in ibm platform? I want to know how to find out no of core in cpu in aix i.e command how to find out value of core? Wheather any specification is there? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. Solaris

cpu core level from solaris os [8,9,10]

hi all how to find cpu core level in 8,9 and 10 . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

3. AIX

no of core in cpu for aix

is there command which will display no of core per cpu in aix? Regads, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How maney CPU and core?

Hi, Is it a command that show's how many CPU and Core the solaris server have? Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

5. AIX

What is a cpu core ?

Hi Friends- What does it mean by 2 cpu cores, 3 cpu cores? Does it mean 2 separate cpus or what is it exactly ? Kindly explain a bit in detail. Thanks panditt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Share CPU core

Hi, I have 2 physical processor UltraSPARC-T2 with 32 virtual processors I want to execute a perl program on 10 virtual processors. I try prset command, but I don't see a difference. psrset -c "created processor set 2" 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" psrset -b 2 `pgrep program.pl` Maybe... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: falloutsam
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

No of CPU's and No of Core

I would like to understand how many number of CPUs and cores do I have on my server based on following out put.. Few observations... Please correct me if I am wrong Since Physical ID is same CPU is singe It has 8 virtual processors Hyper thrading is enabled since no of siblings are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parth_buch
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Core and cpu information of HP-UX machine

Hi All, i am trying to retrive below information from any hp-ux machine (physical & virtual both): 1.Processor Total Count: 2.Processor Core Count: 3.Processor type: 4.number of physical processors: 5 number of virtual processors: i am trying to use command 'print_manifest' as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Assigning cpu/core to globalzone

hi all, I am running SPARC server + solaris 10. (no LDOMs) Due to change of setup and application licensing cost, I need to cap my core/cpu utilization in my globalzone. Right now, I have 1x6 cores in my server, how do I change it to utilized 4 cores instead ? By using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies
CORE(5) 						      BSD File Formats Manual							   CORE(5)

NAME
core -- memory image file format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> DESCRIPTION
A small number of signals which cause abnormal termination of a process also cause a record of the process's in-core state to be written to disk for later examination by one of the available debuggers. (See sigaction(2).) This memory image is written to a file named by default core.pid in the /cores directory; provided the terminated process had write permission in the directory, and the directory existed. The maximum size of a core file is limited by setrlimit(2). Files which would be larger than the limit are not created. The core file consists of the ~ Mach-O(5) header as described in the <mach-o/loader.h> file. The remainder of the core file consists of various sections described in the Mach-O(5) header. NOTE
Core dumps are disabled by default under Darwin/Mac OS X. To re-enable core dumps, a privlaged user must edit /etc/hostconfig to contain the line: COREDUMPS=-YES- SEE ALSO
gdb(1), setrlimit(2), sigaction(2), Mach-O(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
A core file format appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
March 18, 2002 BSD