Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If condition error-please debug my script Post 302316085 by usha rao on Thursday 14th of May 2009 03:12:52 AM
Old 05-14-2009
Hey thanks zaxxon and tyler.
I will correct the script and let you ppl know.
One doubt
here inside if condition i am using -e means whether the file is previously present or not,right??
correct me if i am wrong.

also i am using double quotes inside condition for filename.is it ok??

i have given exit 1 to break out the current iteration but it exiting the entire progream..????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug an Awk Script

I would like to extract the following fields from the text file attached. I copied the contents from a pdf file and pasted them into the text file so I can use awk to extract them. The layout is as listed below. name1,name2,name3,name4,Title,designation,nationality,dob, national ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mboro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

debug this script

echo "input time in hhmmss" read $st h=`echo $st | cut -c1-2` min=`echo $st | cut -c3-4` s=`echo $st | cut -c5-6` echo "input time in hhmmss" read $end h1=`echo $end | cut -c1-2` min1=`echo $end | cut -c3-4` s1=`echo $end | cut -c5-6` x= `expr $h /* 60 + $min` y= `expr $h1 /* 60 +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with the script, help me debug

Hi, When i run the script ./script.sh sun, this give me no output, it should give me the list of file. If i run the script without the argument it should send me echo inside usage(). What is the problem? please help -Adsi #!/bin/sh ROOT_PATH=/net/icebox/vol/local_images/spins... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with debug the script

Hi, I have this script, searches and sets variables, then searches and sets more variables from multiple files. I'd need to debug it a bit. #!/bin/bash egrep $1 `find | grep MAGT` >/tmp/resRA-$$ thread=`sed -n '/{0x/ {s/^.*{0x\(*\).*/\1/p;q}' /tmp/resRA-$$` tag=`sed -n '/Tag=/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vitoriung
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant debug shell script

Hi I am relatively new in shell scripting Below is the code which i developed but for some reason, it keeps giving me error: /apps/bss/BatchProg/at1/batch/scripts/ksh/TBATLC02.ksh: syntax error at line 41 : `then' unmatched #!/usr/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripting_newbe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while using sqlplus command inside 'if' condition in an unix shell script

Hi all, I am using the below given sqlplus command in my unix script to invoke a stored procedure which returns a value .It works fine. RET_CODE=$(/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0.4.CL/bin/sqlplus -S $USER/$PASSWD@$DB_NAME <<EOF EXEC MY_PKG.MY_SP (:COUNT); PRINT COUNT; commit; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug perl script

Hi, I am trying to get squid up and running using a redirector process, and every time I try to load a web page, squid fails miserably. Can some one with perl and squid knowledge take a look at these codes and tell if something is wrong here. #!/usr/bin/perl # $| = 1; @endings = qw/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

9. Programming

Can't debug: assert error with gdb (no problem without)

I'm sorry if the title is really criptic, but I don't know how to phrase my problem. I know I can't really ask for a solution, and I normally wouldn't but this is really escaping my abilities. Antefacts. I developed a program using the zeromq messaging library. I got to a point where the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
11 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Debug script

How can I debug this script? I want to know what it is doing or not doing? #!/bin/bash # # if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending." > /tmp/systemd_suspend_test.txt elif ; then # Do the thing you want after resume here echo "and we are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
21 Replies
nsd-checkconf(8)                                                    nsd 3.2.12                                                    nsd-checkconf(8)

NAME
nsd-checkconf - NSD configuration file checker. SYNOPSIS
nsd-checkconf [-v] [-h] [-o option] [-z zonename] [-s keyname] configfile DESCRIPTION
nsd-checkconf reads a configuration file. It prints parse errors to standard error, and performs additional checks on the contents. The configfile format is described in nsd.conf(5). The utility of this program is to check a config file for errors before using it in nsd(8) or zonec(8). This program can also be used for shell scripts to access the nsd config file, using the -o and -z options. OPTIONS
-v After reading print the options to standard output in configfile format. Without this option, only success or parse errors are reported. -h Print usage help information and exit. -o option Return only this option from the config file. This option can to be used in conjunction with the -z option. The special value zones prints out a list of configured zones. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the config file from the shell. If the -z option is given, but the -o option is not given, nothing is printed. -s keyname Prints the key secret (base64 blob) configured for this key in the config file. Used to help shell scripts parse the config file. -z zonename Return the option specified with -o for zone 'zonename'. If this option is not given, the server section of the config file is used. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the con- fig file from the shell. The -o, -s and -z option print configfile options to standard output. FILES
/etc/nsd3/nsd.conf default NSD configuration file SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), nsd-xfer(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-checkconf(8)