Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If condition error-please debug my script Post 302316049 by durden_tyler on Thursday 14th of May 2009 01:05:40 AM
Old 05-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by usha rao
Code:

t=`cat $file|head -1`
server=`cat $file|head -2|tail -1`

Ughh... as zaxxon mentioned, let the cat out of the bag.
And if you want to print just the 2nd line of a file, then:

Code:
sed -n 2p <your_file>

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug an Awk Script

I would like to extract the following fields from the text file attached. I copied the contents from a pdf file and pasted them into the text file so I can use awk to extract them. The layout is as listed below. name1,name2,name3,name4,Title,designation,nationality,dob, national ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mboro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

debug this script

echo "input time in hhmmss" read $st h=`echo $st | cut -c1-2` min=`echo $st | cut -c3-4` s=`echo $st | cut -c5-6` echo "input time in hhmmss" read $end h1=`echo $end | cut -c1-2` min1=`echo $end | cut -c3-4` s1=`echo $end | cut -c5-6` x= `expr $h /* 60 + $min` y= `expr $h1 /* 60 +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with the script, help me debug

Hi, When i run the script ./script.sh sun, this give me no output, it should give me the list of file. If i run the script without the argument it should send me echo inside usage(). What is the problem? please help -Adsi #!/bin/sh ROOT_PATH=/net/icebox/vol/local_images/spins... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with debug the script

Hi, I have this script, searches and sets variables, then searches and sets more variables from multiple files. I'd need to debug it a bit. #!/bin/bash egrep $1 `find | grep MAGT` >/tmp/resRA-$$ thread=`sed -n '/{0x/ {s/^.*{0x\(*\).*/\1/p;q}' /tmp/resRA-$$` tag=`sed -n '/Tag=/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vitoriung
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant debug shell script

Hi I am relatively new in shell scripting Below is the code which i developed but for some reason, it keeps giving me error: /apps/bss/BatchProg/at1/batch/scripts/ksh/TBATLC02.ksh: syntax error at line 41 : `then' unmatched #!/usr/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripting_newbe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while using sqlplus command inside 'if' condition in an unix shell script

Hi all, I am using the below given sqlplus command in my unix script to invoke a stored procedure which returns a value .It works fine. RET_CODE=$(/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0.4.CL/bin/sqlplus -S $USER/$PASSWD@$DB_NAME <<EOF EXEC MY_PKG.MY_SP (:COUNT); PRINT COUNT; commit; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug perl script

Hi, I am trying to get squid up and running using a redirector process, and every time I try to load a web page, squid fails miserably. Can some one with perl and squid knowledge take a look at these codes and tell if something is wrong here. #!/usr/bin/perl # $| = 1; @endings = qw/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

9. Programming

Can't debug: assert error with gdb (no problem without)

I'm sorry if the title is really criptic, but I don't know how to phrase my problem. I know I can't really ask for a solution, and I normally wouldn't but this is really escaping my abilities. Antefacts. I developed a program using the zeromq messaging library. I got to a point where the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
11 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Debug script

How can I debug this script? I want to know what it is doing or not doing? #!/bin/bash # # if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending." > /tmp/systemd_suspend_test.txt elif ; then # Do the thing you want after resume here echo "and we are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
21 Replies
VM(1)								      mgetty								     VM(1)

NAME
vm - VoiceModem is the program for handling the voice modem functionality from shell scripts ACTIONS
beep options [<frequency [<length in 0.001sec>]]> diagnostics options device name (e.g. ttyS2 dial options phone number help play options [<file names]+> record options file name shell options [<shell script [shell options]]> wait options [<time in seconds]> devicetest OPTIONS
-c n use compression type n -d n set i/o device -t, -m, -i, -e, -s, -H equals to -d <2,3,4,5,6,7> -l s set device string (e.g. -l ttyS2:ttyC0) -v verbose output -w use off / on hook signal from local handset to start and stop recording -x n set debug level -L n set maximum recording length in sec -P print first DTMF tone on stdout and exit -R read and print DTMF string on stdout and exit -S s set default shell for shell scripts (e.g. -S /bin/sh) -T n set silence timeout in 0.1sec -V n set silence threshold to <n> (0-100%%) SEE ALSO
vgetty(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 30: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Around line 32: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 71: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.1 2010-04-04 VM(1)