Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login Page
Top Forums Web Development Login Page Post 302316037 by ravi18s on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 11:50:03 PM
Old 05-14-2009
Login Page

I had a login page and want to authenticate through a Unix file (.txt file).
-----abc.txt------
absvd|sfjlfnfkf
anldnv|asklffdko
------------------
So I want to read the file and check if corresponding username and password matches or not using javascript or JSP. Also tell me in which directory of apache we should put this abc.txt file in which login details are stored.

Last edited by ravi18s; 05-14-2009 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: now asking More specifically with example

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use system users in perl for login page

Hi, I want to code a script with perl. For this, I need some knowledge. How can i use system user name(with group) and password in my login page? I will be happy if you can help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahsinaltay
2 Replies

2. Solaris

could not get a login page

just installed solaris on my dell pc. I partinon my hard drive to dual boot solaris and windows. window works fine and solaris as well but after login in more to 3 times in solaris i keep getting this error as below and as a result i could not login again. I have re-installed several times but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
3 Replies

3. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Login page in html on unix

I want to create a login page in HTML which is hosted on apache server. The login page first authenticate the user and then directed to a form which in turn run a script on the server. I want to make login page without php or jsp. Please advice. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

htmldoc with login on page

How can I make htmldoc write to pdf page that requires login and password? I'am doing it with PHP passthru. I have my login but htmldoc in passthru is showing me only login page. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demerzel
4 Replies

7. Web Development

Simple Login page

Hi all, I am stepping into web-development as a hobby point of view. I am using WAMP server & have created the initial page & SQL set-up too. My problem is, I was able to login to a page/redirect to a page though I haven't specified my username & password. I thought of using both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Httpd proxy with mod_jk,ssl only on login page using .htacess

Hi all, I have a web app with the following pages, browse.jsp and shopping.jsp. I want to protect shopping.jsp with https. (https is only between browser and apache httpd server.)The https for the shopping.jsp page will terminate at the web server. From web server to tomcat application server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
0 Replies

9. Linux

Curl login to web page

Hello dears, I am trying to log in the website using curl but no luck so far. The web page Content-Type is : text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 I try the following command using curl: curl \ --header "Content-type: text/html" \ --request POST \ --data '{"user": "someusername",... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 Login Page Loop

I'm currently logged in as Root on a Solaris 10 Server for my schools department and I'm trying to figure out why 20 of my users(Students) can log into the Solaris 10 Sun Ray Oracle Server with correct username and password but then be looped back to the same log in page. I tried deleting their... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwilliams21z
7 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)