Sponsored Content
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) UNIX Benchmarks FreeBSD `buildkernel' and `buildworld' Benchmarks Post 302315980 by _R3d on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 05:35:54 PM
Old 05-13-2009
76 seconds for a kernel build? are you using ccache?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Processing Benchmarks ?

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where to I could find published benchmarks for how a Linux box performs. It would be nice if I could find a comparison to the Windows OS. Thanks, Lance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcstephens
2 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Instructions for Linux Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: unzip or untar and cd into the bm directory STEP 3: make (Note: there is a pre-compiled Linux binary in the distro, so Linux users don't have to make a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

Instructions for UNIX Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: Unzip or Untar STEP 3: make STEP 4: Run STEP: 5: Please login to www.unix.com and post test results along with platform info to: Include (if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX Benchmarks

unix s/w download using benchmarks

I downloaded the unix s/w given in the bench marks to my home laptop. The C: drive isn't partitioned.The instructions are given to unzip, make and run. please list the proper ways to do the commands how to unzipa nd make them. should i partition my hard drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravus
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Intel CPU benchmarks

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows here I can get a graph of Intel Vs AMD CPU's graph. I have found one and it's great though only for the desktop CPU. I'm also looking for one that includes the Pentium M CPU's and the next CPU's after that. This is because I'm looking at getting a laptop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woofie
1 Replies

6. Linux Benchmarks

Results for Linux Benchmarks

Hi, I was trying to build Linux Benchmarks with latest Intel C++ Compiler. When I used -ipo (inter-procedural optimization) option, arithmetic test (arith.c) failed on execution. The problem is Intel compiler's advanced optimization option (-ipo) optimizes much more than expected and this... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpjain
50 Replies

7. UNIX Benchmarks

FreeBSD 7.2 build kernel benchmarks

Just for fun: CPU/Speed: 2x AMD Opteron Model 2384 (2.7GHz/512KB) quad core processor Ram: 4 x2GB ECC DDR2-667 single rank memory in RAID 0 mode (strip 128KB, Read Caching enabled, Write Caching disabled) with 2 HDD, CPUTYPE=opteron, CFLAGS= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe, CXXFLAGS+=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Success_Tree
0 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

VMmark virtualization benchmarks

Hi, We have to make a decision to buy 10 new servers for MS Exchange/Domain Controller running virtual tiles and for hardware we have choice of HP Proliant DL380 G6, Dell PowerEdge R710 & IBM X3650 M2, somebody sent me comparison of VMmark virtualization performance benchmark which states that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Benchmarks

I need a little clarification in understanding why there would be a need for a benchmark file when used with a backup script. Logically thinking would tell me that the backups itself(backuptest.tgz) would have the time created and etc. So what would be the purpose of such a file: touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies
KRB5_GET_CREDENTIALS(3) 				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				   KRB5_GET_CREDENTIALS(3)

NAME
krb5_get_credentials, krb5_get_credentials_with_flags, krb5_get_kdc_cred, krb5_get_renewed_creds -- get credentials from the KDC using krbtgt LIBRARY
Kerberos 5 Library (libkrb5, -lkrb5) SYNOPSIS
#include <krb5.h> krb5_error_code krb5_get_credentials(krb5_context context, krb5_flags options, krb5_ccache ccache, krb5_creds *in_creds, krb5_creds **out_creds); krb5_error_code krb5_get_credentials_with_flags(krb5_context context, krb5_flags options, krb5_kdc_flags flags, krb5_ccache ccache, krb5_creds *in_creds, krb5_creds **out_creds); krb5_error_code krb5_get_kdc_cred(krb5_context context, krb5_ccache id, krb5_kdc_flags flags, krb5_addresses *addresses, Ticket *second_ticket, krb5_creds *in_creds, krb5_creds **out_creds); krb5_error_code krb5_get_renewed_creds(krb5_context context, krb5_creds *creds, krb5_const_principal client, krb5_ccache ccache, const char *in_tkt_service); DESCRIPTION
krb5_get_credentials_with_flags() get credentials specified by in_creds->server and in_creds->client (the rest of the in_creds structure is ignored) by first looking in the ccache and if doesn't exists or is expired, fetch the credential from the KDC using the krbtgt in ccache. The credential is returned in out_creds and should be freed using the function krb5_free_creds(). Valid flags to pass into options argument are: KRB5_GC_CACHED Only check the ccache, don't got out on network to fetch credential. KRB5_GC_USER_USER Request a user to user ticket. This option doesn't store the resulting user to user credential in the ccache. KRB5_GC_EXPIRED_OK returns the credential even if it is expired, default behavior is trying to refetch the credential from the KDC. Flags are KDCOptions, note the caller must fill in the bit-field and not use the integer associated structure. krb5_get_credentials() works the same way as krb5_get_credentials_with_flags() except that the flags field is missing. krb5_get_kdc_cred() does the same as the functions above, but the caller must fill in all the information andits closer to the wire protocol. krb5_get_renewed_creds() renews a credential given by in_tkt_service (if NULL the default krbtgt) using the credential cache ccache. The result is stored in creds and should be freed using krb5_free_creds. EXAMPLES
Here is a example function that get a credential from a credential cache id or the KDC and returns it to the caller. #include <krb5.h> int getcred(krb5_context context, krb5_ccache id, krb5_creds **creds) { krb5_error_code ret; krb5_creds in; ret = krb5_parse_name(context, "client@EXAMPLE.COM", &in.client); if (ret) krb5_err(context, 1, ret, "krb5_parse_name"); ret = krb5_parse_name(context, "host/server.example.com@EXAMPLE.COM", &in.server); if (ret) krb5_err(context, 1, ret, "krb5_parse_name"); ret = krb5_get_credentials(context, 0, id, &in, creds); if (ret) krb5_err(context, 1, ret, "krb5_get_credentials"); return 0; } SEE ALSO
krb5(3), krb5_get_forwarded_creds(3), krb5.conf(5) HEIMDAL
July 26, 2004 HEIMDAL