Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bourne shell viewing files in directory Post 302315934 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 02:37:28 PM
Old 05-13-2009
What is the content of $dir and is $9 the 9th parameter when you call the function in this command?

Code:
time=`ls -l $dir | grep $9 | awk '{print $8}`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files in a directory?

How do I view files in a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ania
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files

I have a file (called CORE) that is a dump created by a crashing process. This file, I believe, is in "binary" form, so when I try to use cat, more, or vi on it, it has a bunch of garbage. Is there anything I can use to "read" or view this file just like I might a non-binary file? I am running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing Directory Content as You Navigate Directories in UNIX

Hi, Can someone help me figure out how to view directory content while I navigate directories (without having to go to the actual directory and "ls-ing" it)? Is there some keyboard shortcut for this? For instance, it would be useful if I could see the content of a directory when I'm copying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelata
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to understand the differences between the bash shell and the Bourne shell

I do not claim to be an expert, but I have done things with scripts that whole teams of folks have said can not be done. Of course they should have said we do not have the intestinal fortitude to git-r-done. I have been using UNIX actually HPUX since 1992. Unfortunately my old computer died and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_sed_hello
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX: Problem viewing directory with BDF...

Hi all, When I use BDF command on this particular server, it outputs mostly normal stuff. However, there is one directory it can't read at all. Also, it doesn't seem to exist. When I BDF my file system with a small panic script (it happens even if you use just the bdf command): As you... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files in the current directory - BOURNE SHELL

i am trying to write a program, that will list .txt files and .png files. it will ask the user what type of files do they want to list! so if the user inputs txt files.. how would you list all the .txt files in the current directory (the directory the program is running)!! thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
1 Replies

8. Tips and Tutorials

Viewing changes in directory

Hi, I have a directory, and there is a job running and constantly writes and removes files from and to this directory. I would like to see somehow these changes without pressing `ls` every second. Kind of `tail -f` command, but for a directory list and not for file content. I thought maybe kind... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilya_dv
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing file size in current directory

What is the command line for viewing the sizes(lines and bytes)of all the files in your present working directory? Is it >ls -la (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Payton2704
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Files one directory to another directory shell script

Hi, Could you please assist how to move the gz files which are older than the 90 days from one folder to another folder ,before that it need to check the file system named "nfs" if size is less than 90 or not. If size is above 90 then it shouldn't perform file move and exit the script throwing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
4 Replies
COQ(1)							      General Commands Manual							    COQ(1)

NAME
coqchk - The Coq Proof Assistant compiled libraries verifier SYNOPSIS
coqchk [ options ] files-or-modules DESCRIPTION
coqchk is the standalone checker of compiled libraries (.vo files produced by coqc) for the Coq Proof Assistant. See the Reference Manual for more information. It returns with exit code 0 if all the requested tasks succeeded. A non-zero return code means that something went wrong: some library was not found, corrupted content, type-checking failure, etc. files-or-modules is a list of modules to be checked. Modules can be referred to either by a filename (without the .vo suffix) or by their (possibly qualified) module name. OPTIONS
-I dir, --include dir add directory dir in the include path -R dir coqdir recursively map physical dir to logical coqdir -where print Coq's standard library location and exit -silent makes coqchk less verbose. -admit file-or-module tag the specified module and all its dependencies as trusted, and will not be rechecked, unless explicitly requested by other options. -norec file-or-module specifies that the given module shall be verified without requesting to check its dependencies -m, --memory displays a summary of the memory used by the checker -o, --output-context displays a summary of the logical content that have been verified: assumptions and usage of impredicativity -impredicative-set allows the checker to verify libraries that have been compiled with this flag. -v print Coq version and exit -where print Coq's standard library location and exit -h, --help print list of options SEE ALSO
coqtop(1), coqc(1), coq_makefile(1), coqdep(1). The Coq Reference Manual. The Coq web site: http://coq.inria.fr February 9, 2009 COQ(1)