Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CDROM Issue on LPAR HMC VIO
Operating Systems AIX CDROM Issue on LPAR HMC VIO Post 302315922 by filosophizer on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 02:05:53 PM
Old 05-13-2009
Dynamic LPAR tips and checklists for RMC authentication and authorization
developerWorks

Level: Introductory

Truc Nguyen (truc@us.ibm.com), HMC Software Developer, IBM 

10 Feb 2005

This article provides dynamic LPAR tips for Resource Monitoring and Control (RMC) authentication and authorization. The author includes a checklist for DLPAR setup, and information about setting up the HMC/partitions hostname and network. The appendixes provide information gathered from the field about RMC/DLPAR.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/es...checklist.html

Last edited by filosophizer; 05-18-2009 at 06:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Restoring mksysb to vio lpar?

I have a standard template I deploy for each of my AIX servers. It's in a mksysb format which I pulled via the nim server after I originally set it up. I'm trying to restore this mksysb over the wire to a remote system. The remote system is an lpar running under vio (no HMC attached). The disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix VIO vs Dynamic LPAR

Can you have a Dynamic LPAR without VIO and if yes is there a benefit to having both? I am attempting to implement VIO and Resource pooling at my company and want to understand the limitations. Also, I have been told the managing and allocation of the Logical Volumes is a time consuming task as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombers73
0 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR and vio disk mapping

We have a frame the uses 2 vios that assign disk storage to LPAR's. We have a LPAr with multiple disk and I want to know how do I tell which vio is serving the disk. For example the LPAr has hdisk 0, 1, 2, 3 all the same size. I want to know which vio is serving hdisk0, 1. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

4. AIX

Virtual Ethernet VIO HMC LPARs

Hi, I am little confused about the virtual Ethernet configuration on VIO and Client Partitions. There is alot of info on the internet but it gets more confusing.... If I have LHEA, it is very simple. Just assign LHEA (logical host ethernet adapter) to client partition -> run smitty tcpip and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
10 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR - What is my VIO (hostname, IP, ...)

I am wondering if there is a command I can run from **with-in** LPAR server (server01) to find out the hostname or IP address or other parameters for VIO server in charge of server01? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ms1232
1 Replies

6. AIX

Possible to connect a LPAR to two different VIO's?

Just a question which may seem dumb to some out there, but then again I am not a super technie so that's my excuse. Is it possible to say provision a test AIX LPAR (has a 10gb boot lun and 20gb data) under a VIO which has connectivity to SAN Array A so it can see the disks provisioned to it,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny1314
2 Replies

7. AIX

Discovery LPAR from HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to know all the IP Addresses of all LPAR's interfaces from HMC (without connect into LPAR). And if i can know also the "Application" hostname of LPAR from HMC. Thanks in advance. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

8. AIX

VIO server does not show new LPAR

Hi All, I've been trying to create a new LPAR for some days now but I can't get the VIO server to recognize the new LPAR. This is what I did: On HMC create new LPAR On HMC create new virtual scsi adapter for LPAR in VIO profile On HMC add new virtual scsi adapter for LPAR with DLPAR... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
6 Replies

9. AIX

cdrom confusion on the vio client lpar

Hi In my vio server I have the below output $ lsvopt | grep -i SAPSITGS sapsitgs_cdrom TL12UP.iso 3182 In my vio client lpar I have the below output root@sapsitgs:/ # lsdev -Cc cdromcd0 Available Virtual SCSI Optical Served by VIO Server cd1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. AIX

Command to show HMC of this lpar?

Does anyone know of a command that can be run on the lpar to show the name of the lpars managing HMC? We have a large environment and records a little old on which HMC manages which lpars....if i could login to an lpar and just issue a command to show me its managing hmc that would be great. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Foiled
2 Replies
APT-CDROM(8)								APT							      APT-CDROM(8)

NAME
apt-cdrom - APT CD-ROM management utility SYNOPSIS
apt-cdrom [-rmfan] [-d=cdrom_mount_point] [-o=config_string] [-c=config_file] {add | ident | {-v | --version} | {-h | --help}} DESCRIPTION
apt-cdrom is used to add a new CD-ROM to APT's list of available sources. apt-cdrom takes care of determining the structure of the disc as well as correcting for several possible mis-burns and verifying the index files. It is necessary to use apt-cdrom to add CDs to the APT system; it cannot be done by hand. Furthermore each disc in a multi-CD set must be inserted and scanned separately to account for possible mis-burns. Unless the -h, or --help option is given, one of the commands below must be present. add add is used to add a new disc to the source list. It will unmount the CD-ROM device, prompt for a disc to be inserted and then proceed to scan it and copy the index files. If the disc does not have a proper .disk directory you will be prompted for a descriptive title. APT uses a CD-ROM ID to track which disc is currently in the drive and maintains a database of these IDs in /var/lib/apt/cdroms.list ident A debugging tool to report the identity of the current disc as well as the stored file name OPTIONS
All command line options may be set using the configuration file, the descriptions indicate the configuration option to set. For boolean options you can override the config file by using something like -f-,--no-f, -f=no or several other variations. --no-auto-detect, --cdrom Do not try to auto-detect the CD-ROM path. Usually combined with the --cdrom option. Configuration Item: Acquire::cdrom::AutoDetect. -d, --cdrom Mount point; specify the location to mount the CD-ROM. This mount point must be listed in /etc/fstab and properly configured. Configuration Item: Acquire::cdrom::mount. -r, --rename Rename a disc; change the label of a disc or override the disc's given label. This option will cause apt-cdrom to prompt for a new label. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::Rename. -m, --no-mount No mounting; prevent apt-cdrom from mounting and unmounting the mount point. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::NoMount. -f, --fast Fast Copy; Assume the package files are valid and do not check every package. This option should be used only if apt-cdrom has been run on this disc before and did not detect any errors. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::Fast. -a, --thorough Thorough Package Scan; This option may be needed with some old Debian 1.1/1.2 discs that have Package files in strange places. It takes much longer to scan the CD but will pick them all up. -n, --just-print, --recon, --no-act No Changes; Do not change the sources.list(5) file and do not write index files. Everything is still checked however. Configuration Item: APT::CDROM::NoAct. -h, --help Show a short usage summary. -v, --version Show the program version. -c, --config-file Configuration File; Specify a configuration file to use. The program will read the default configuration file and then this configuration file. If configuration settings need to be set before the default configuration files are parsed specify a file with the APT_CONFIG environment variable. See apt.conf(5) for syntax information. -o, --option Set a Configuration Option; This will set an arbitrary configuration option. The syntax is -o Foo::Bar=bar. -o and --option can be used multiple times to set different options. SEE ALSO
apt.conf(5), apt-get(8), sources.list(5) DIAGNOSTICS
apt-cdrom returns zero on normal operation, decimal 100 on error. BUGS
APT bug page[1]. If you wish to report a bug in APT, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHORS
Jason Gunthorpe APT team NOTES
1. APT bug page http://bugs.debian.org/src:apt APT 1.6.3ubuntu0.1 30 November 2013 APT-CDROM(8)