Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shl script capture a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shl script capture a file Post 302315904 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 01:15:31 PM
Old 05-13-2009
It is not clear what you want - give us example expected output. Also there seem to be logic errors and other issues in the script you presented.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file use another file as a sequence calling a shl

have this shl that will FTP a file from the a directory in windows to UNIX, It get the name of the file stored in this variable $UpLoadFileName then put in the local directory LocalDir="${MPATH}/xxxxx/dat_files" that part seems to be working, but then I need to take that file and rename, I am using... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

This code works in the command line but not in a shl script

When I run this code from the command line works spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ ls ef* eftseq.dat spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ file_seq=$( < eftseq.dat) ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

last file in a directory in a shl script

I want to capture a last file in a directory in a shl scrip Cd to the directory $last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1 This is not problem, but I need to copy that file to another directory, but in order to be able to copy to that directory, I need to su in unix, I am sure my sistem... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip and encrypted in a shl script

After I move the file to a directory, I need to gzip and encrypted. I never do this in a shl script, I do it from the command line and it works.. cd /home/nelnet spinel:/home/nelnet$ gpg -e 2010_11_07_05_11_xxxxxx_bills.dat.gz `/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf' `/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf'... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for help on script to capture file permission.

Hi Guys, I'm a DBA and need help on shell scripting. My Oracle Database is sitting on HP-UX machine. Anyone has a script that can spool out permission of all oracle binary files in the below directory: /opt/ora10g/oracle/ Format to be spooled out : chmod <exisiting permission> filename... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciaciachew
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to decrypt a file in a directory (SHL script)

I need to decrypt a file in a directory, I need to write a shl scrip & cron job How I find the files in the directory: the file is like this: dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d The decrypt command: gpg -o dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d 20101115 (the date... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems coping a file in a shl script

I have the following in a shl script: SCRIPT_PATH="/u01/app/banner/test/skid/plus/"; FILE_PATH="/nfs/mercury/u03/banner/test/skid/log"; LIST_FILE_PATH="/u01/banjobs/TEST"; SCRIPT_NAME="szpcal1.sql"; FILE_NAME='new_applicant_list'; I want to copy the file FILE_NAME to LIST_FILE_PATH ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -x within script and capture as a file

Okay, I've been working on a script for providing information on the progress of a backgrounded ditto command. Thanks to google and a lot of searching I've resolved all but one very odd error. At this point, I want to use xtrace (set -x) to try to uncover the issue. I have found several examples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reid
2 Replies
capture-schema(1m)					    Application Server Utility						capture-schema(1m)

NAME
capture-schema - stores the database metadata (schema) in a file for use in mapping and execution SYNOPSIS
capture-schema-dburl url-username name- password password-driver a_jdbc_driver [-schemaname name] [-table tablename]* [-out filename] Stores the database metadata (schema) in a file. You can also use the Sun Java System Studio IDE to capture the database schema. Run cap- ture-schema as the same database user that owns the tables, so that the -username and -schemaname options are given the same username. Additionally, you can grant the database user running the capture-schema command the ANALYZE ANY TABLE privilege. OPTIONS
-dburl JDBC URL expected by the driver for accessing a database. -username user name for authenticating access to a database. -password password for accessing the selected database. -driver JDBC driver classname in your CLASSPATH. -schemaname name of the user schema being captured. If not specified, the default will capture metadata for all tables from all the schemas accessible to this user. Specifying this parameter is highly recommended. If more than one schema is accessible to this user, more than one table with the same name may be captured which will cause problems. -table name of the table; multiple table names can be specified. -out output target; defaults to stdout. This parameter corresponds to the schema sub-element of the sun-cmp-mapping ele- ment in the sun-cmp-mapping_1_1.dtd file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using capture-schema capture-schema -dburl jdbc:oracle:thin:@sadbuttrue:1521:ora817 -schemaname cantiflas -username CANTIFLAS -password enigma -driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver asadmin(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 capture-schema(1m)