Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to extract a tag from a very long XML message Post 302315741 by Sapna_Sai on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 06:37:10 AM
Old 05-13-2009
Unable to extract a tag from a very long XML message

Hi

I have a log file which contain XML message. I want to extract the value between the tag : <businessEventId>13201330</businessEventId> i.e., 13201330.

I tried the following commands but as the message is very long, unable to do it. Attached is the log file. Please provide inputs.

-- awk -F'[<|>]' '/<businessEventId>/{f=1}/<businessEventId>/{f=""}f{print $3}' file

-- sed -n 's/<businessEventId>\([^<]*\)<.*/\1/p' found.xml

-- awk -F '</?businessEventId>' '{print $2}' found.txt

-- awk '/<businessEventId/,/\/businessEventId/{
if(n<5)
print
if(index($0,"/businessEventId")!=0)
n++
}' found.txt

Thanks
Sapna

Last edited by Sapna_Sai; 05-14-2009 at 04:47 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract XML message from log

I need help to extract a following SOAP-ENV:Header XML message from the log. XML message need to be extracted: *************************** <SOAP-ENV:Header> <ServiceGatewayHeader> <SourceApplicationId>OXL</SourceApplicationId> <Version>1.0</Version> <UserId>TEST</UserId>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjshankar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the info in the tag from a xml file

Hi All, Do anyone of you have any idea how to extract each<info> tag to each different file. I have 1000 raw files, which come in every 15 mins.( I am using bash) I have tried my script as below, but it took hours to finish, which is inefficiency. perl -n -e '/^<info>/ and open FH,">file".$n++;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract xml tag based on condition

Hi All, I have a large xml file of invoices. The file looks like below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>1234</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME> <INVOICE_NO>2345</INVOICE_NO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <NAME>Customer A</NAME>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple xml tag value into CSV format

Hi All, Need your assistance on another xml tag related issue. I have a xml file as below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <BILL> <BILL_NO>1234</BILL_NO> <BILL_DATE>01 JAN 2011</BILL_DATE> </BILL> <NAMEINFO> <NAME>ABC</NAME> </NAMEINFO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <BILL> <BILL_NO>5678</BILL_NO>... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML message from a log file using awk

Dear all I have a log file and the content like this file name: temp.log <?xml version="1.0" encoding="cp850"?> <!DOCTYPE aaabbb SYSTEM '/dtdpath'> <aaabbb> <tranDtl> <msgId>000001</msgId> </tranDtl> ..... </aaabbb> ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: on9west
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract TAG name and XPATH from XML file via shellscript

Hi, Here is a sample xml file and expected output. I need to extract the element/tag name (not value) and xpath (sample output.txt). But the main problem is I put here one simple xml file where I can clearly see the number of elements, but in real time I have a xml file which have over 500... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BithunC
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML tag value from file

Hello, Hope you are doing fine. I have an log file which looks like as follows: Some junk text1 Date: Thu Mar 15 13:38:46 CDT 2012 DATA SENT SUCCESSFULL: Some jun text 2 Date: Thu Mar 15 13:38:46 CDT 2012 DATA SENT SUCCESSFULL: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies
extract_font_range(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       extract_font_range(3alleg4)

NAME
extract_font_range - Extracts a range of characters from a font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *extract_font_range(FONT *f, int begin, int end) DESCRIPTION
This function extracts a character range from a font and returns a new font that contains only the range of characters selected by this function. You can pass -1 for either the lower or upper bound if you want to select all characters from the start or to the end of the font. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *capitals; FONT *fontcopy; ... /* Create a font of only capital letters */ capitals = extract_font_range(myfont, 'A', 'Z'); /* Create a copy of the font */ fontcopy = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, -1); ... destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(fontcopy); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
get_font_range_begin(3alleg4), get_font_range_end(3alleg4), merge_fonts(3alleg4), transpose_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extract_font_range(3alleg4)