Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Memory leak while using pthread_cancel() Post 302315426 by mgessner on Tuesday 12th of May 2009 09:42:26 AM
Old 05-12-2009
Out of curiosity, if you write the same thing as a C program, does it still leak?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about virtual memory and memory leak

Hi, First of all I appreciate this group very much for its informative discussions and posts. Here is my question. I have one process whose virtual memory size increases linearly from 6MB to 12MB in 20 minutes. Does that mean my process has memory leaks? In what cases does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

2. Programming

Memory leak of fork()

Today, I wrote a test code for fork/execvp/waitpid. In the parent process, it fork 100 child processes which only execute "date" to print the current datetime. When any child process die, the parent process will receive a SIGCHLD signal. Then, the parent process will re-fork-execvp the child... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: whererush
7 Replies

3. Programming

Memory LEAK with pthreads

I have this code... #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> static void* cliente(void *datos); int main() { pthread_attr_t tattr; int ret; size_t size = PTHREAD_STACK_MIN + 0x0100; ret = pthread_attr_init(&tattr); ret =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory leak in pthread

helo frnds, I am using RHEL5 and C lang for development. I am getting some memory leak problem in pthread. I hav developed a program which creates two threads for listening purpose on two diff ports. both the child threads are doing same job but on diff port no. I am using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindTeaser
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

memory leak?

Hi All, my client server application can work in two modes: 1) one direction - only client sends msgs to server 2) two directions - server gives 'answers' to client. when program run in the first mode it looks OK, but when server answers to client than client's application exit its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lenna
2 Replies

6. Programming

memory leak problem

hi all Can any one plz explain me about memory leak problem Thankx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali
5 Replies

7. Programming

Memory Leak

Hi, I am trying a database server which keeps a B+ plus tree structure and works on it. I am trying to find the memory used/leak while executing this process. I check the memory leak by using ps uax command. When i execute a delete query i am sure that my code frees up the existing... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

Memory leak

Hi all I am using RED HAT 5.4, and i am getting memory uses problem. when i use "sync;echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_cache" command the memory will release after 2,3 hour memory show 95%. pls suggest right way. thanks (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
37 Replies

9. Web Development

Finding Cause of Memory Leak

Hi We have just got a dedicated server with Fasthosts, O/S is Linux CentOS 6 64 bit. It was a fresh install and I have just moved one WordPress site onto there. The problem is we seem to be getting a memory leak (that's what Fasthosts said) and the database (I think) keeps crashing, so we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokeyzx
3 Replies
Net::SSLeay::Handle(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Net::SSLeay::Handle(3)

NAME
Net::SSLeay::Handle - Perl module that lets SSL (HTTPS) sockets be handled as standard file handles. SYNOPSIS
use Net::SSLeay::Handle qw/shutdown/; my ($host, $port) = ("localhost", 443); tie(*SSL, "Net::SSLeay::Handle", $host, $port); print SSL "GET / HTTP/1.0 "; shutdown(*SSL, 1); print while (<SSL>); close SSL; DESCRIPTION
Net::SSLeay::Handle allows you to request and receive HTTPS web pages using "old-fashion" file handles as in: print SSL "GET / HTTP/1.0 "; and print while (<SSL>); If you export the shutdown routine, then the only extra code that you need to add to your program is the tie function as in: my $socket; if ($scheme eq "https") { tie(*S2, "Net::SSLeay::Handle", $host, $port); $socket = *S2; else { $socket = Net::SSLeay::Handle->make_socket($host, $port); } print $socket $request_headers; ... FUNCTIONS
shutdown shutdown(*SOCKET, $mode) Calls to the main shutdown() don't work with tied sockets created with this module. This shutdown should be able to distinquish between tied and untied sockets and do the right thing. debug my $debug = Net::SSLeay::Handle->debug() Net::SSLeay::Handle->debug(1) Get/set debuging mode. Always returns the debug value before the function call. if an additional argument is given the debug option will be set to this value. make_socket my $sock = Net::SSLeay::Handle->make_socket($host, $port); Creates a socket that is connected to $post using $port. It uses $Net::SSLeay::proxyhost and proxyport if set and authentificates itself against this proxy depending on $Net::SSLeay::proxyauth. It also turns autoflush on for the created socket. USING EXISTING SOCKETS One of the motivations for writing this module was to avoid duplicating socket creation code (which is mostly error handling). The calls to tie() above where it is passed a $host and $port is provided for convenience testing. If you already have a socket connected to the right host and port, S1, then you can do something like: my $socket *S1; if ($scheme eq "https") { tie(*S2, "Net::SSLeay::Handle", $socket); $socket = *S2; } my $last_sel = select($socket); $| = 1; select($last_sel); print $socket $request_headers; ... Note: As far as I know you must be careful with the globs in the tie() function. The first parameter must be a glob (*SOMETHING) and the last parameter must be a reference to a glob (*SOMETHING_ELSE) or a scaler that was assigned to a reference to a glob (as in the example above) Also, the two globs must be different. When I tried to use the same glob, I got a core dump. EXPORT None by default. You can export the shutdown() function. It is suggested that you do export shutdown() or use the fully qualified Net::SSLeay::Handle::shutdown() function to shutdown SSL sockets. It should be smart enough to distinguish between SSL and non-SSL sockets and do the right thing. EXAMPLES
use Net::SSLeay::Handle qw/shutdown/; my ($host, $port) = ("localhost", 443); tie(*SSL, "Net::SSLeay::Handle", $host, $port); print SSL "GET / HTTP/1.0 "; shutdown(*SSL, 1); print while (<SSL>); close SSL; TODO
Better error handling. Callback routine? CAVEATS
Tying to a file handle is a little tricky (for me at least). The first parameter to tie() must be a glob (*SOMETHING) and the last parameter must be a reference to a glob (*SOMETHING_ELSE) or a scaler that was assigned to a reference to a glob ($s = *SOMETHING_ELSE). Also, the two globs must be different. When I tried to use the same glob, I got a core dump. I was able to associate attributes to globs created by this module (like *SSL above) by making a hash of hashes keyed by the file head1. Support for old perls may not be 100%. If in trouble try 5.6.0 or newer. CHANGES
Please see Net-SSLeay-Handle-0.50/Changes file. KNOWN BUGS
If you let this module construct sockets for you with Perl versions below v.5.6 then there is a slight memory leak. Other upgrade your Perl, or create the sockets yourself. The leak was created to let these older versions of Perl access more than one Handle at a time. AUTHOR
Jim Bowlin jbowlin@linklint.org SEE ALSO
Net::SSLeay, perl(1), http://openssl.org/ perl v5.12.1 2007-10-16 Net::SSLeay::Handle(3)