Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to read dbf file in shell script and to convert dbf file usinf shell script Post 302315412 by gauara on Tuesday 12th of May 2009 08:58:55 AM
Old 05-12-2009
can I send u the file ?? ..may be u get some clue...as I dont hve idea abt databases so I have never dealt with diff. file formats and all.....
is thr a way to send u this file..!!!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP file usinf shell script to Mainframes

Hi , Please help me FTP an output file to mainframes using Mainframes. I have no idea how to FTP to mainframes. :( I need to deploy my code by next week. The code is ready but the client's requirement is that i need to ftp all the output file to the mainframes server. I created the dataset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthimathew
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to read two file at same time and print out in single file

Need shell script to read two file at same time and print output in single file Example I have two files 1) file1.txt 2) file2.txt File1.txt contains Aaa Bbb Ccc Ddd Eee Fff File2.txt contains Zzz Yyy Xxx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to Data File in Shell Script

Hi All, I will be getting a huge XML file with a lot of records in it. I need to convert it into multiple data files. SAMPLE XML FILE <ABSProductCatalog xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> - <ProductSalesHierachy> - <Portfolios> - <Portfolio productCode="P1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel file to PDF file using shell script

Hi All, Is it possible to convert the excel file to PDF file(Without loosing any format) using unix shell scripting ??? If yes Kindly help me on the code Thanks in advance!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ArcGIS shapefile *.dbf file to ascii text

Okay, I search around and couldn't find what I needed, so here goes: I have a series of ArcGIS point shapefiles. If I open them in Excel I can save as an Excel or text file and get a 2 column list: POINTID | GRID_CODE 1 | 2.34234 2 | 4.3425 3 | 6.32456 etc... The problem is that I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrandt1979
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Read the given file contents into a merged one file

Like to have shell script to Read the given file contents into a merged one file with header of path+file name followed by file contents into a single output file. While reading and merging the file contents into a single file, Like to keep the format of the source file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
XBase::SDBM(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    XBase::SDBM(3)

NAME
XBase::SDBM - SDBM index support for dbf DESCRIPTION
When developing the XBase.pm/DBD::XBase module, I was trying to support as many existing variants of file formats as possible. The module thus accepts wide range of dbf files and their versions from various producers. But with index files, the task is much, much harder. First, there is little or no documentation of index files formats, so the development is based on reverse engineering. None if the index formats support is finalized. That made it hard to integrate them into one consistent API. That is why I decided to write my own index support, and as I wanted to avoid inventing yet another way of storing records in pages and similar things, I used SDBM. It comes with Perl, so you already have it, and it's proven and it works. Now, SDBM is a module that aims at other task than to do supporting indexes for a dbf. But equality tests are fast with it and I have creted a structure in each index file to enable "walk" though the index file. VERSION
0.200 AUTHOR
(c) 2001 Jan Pazdziora, adelton@fi.muni.cz, http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/ at Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic All rights reserved. This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2001-08-19 XBase::SDBM(3)