Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR Post 302315296 by filosophizer on Tuesday 12th of May 2009 04:19:51 AM
Old 05-12-2009
quick question:

From my SAN i have allocated a disk to VIO Server and from VIO Server to my LPAR

If I increase the space of the logical SAN DISK ; how will it get reflected on the lpar ?

Do I need to varyoffvg the vG of LPAR, go to my VIO Server and use the command chvg -g ?

any ideas for online (without varyoffvg ?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LUN mapping

Hi, We recently purchased a 3 tb RAID. In the setup, it created 2 slices, one 2 tb and one 1 tb slice. Right now only the 2 tb slice is visible when booting up. I was told that the second slice needs to be mapped to a lun and a port like the first slice is. Does anyone know how I would go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user23
1 Replies

2. AIX

LPAR and vio disk mapping

We have a frame the uses 2 vios that assign disk storage to LPAR's. We have a LPAr with multiple disk and I want to know how do I tell which vio is serving the disk. For example the LPAr has hdisk 0, 1, 2, 3 all the same size. I want to know which vio is serving hdisk0, 1. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

3. AIX

VIOS to lpar Mapping

Hello, I have created mapping of 2 virtual adapters for Lpars using following command: mkvdev -vdev ipanalyzerlv1 -vadapter vhost11 mkvdev -vdev ipanalyzerlv -vadapter vhost13 The above two commands were succesfull but when I want to map the third virtual device to the same Lpar than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

4. AIX

What's the difference between VIOS and LPAR?

Hi All, Besides the licenses on VIO and LPAR. What's the main difference with the two? I have installed VIO, my manager told me so, because it's like a free hypervisor but I never installed LPAR before. How do you install it? And if you can give more info on the two, that would be great. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. AIX

Sharing lun between 2 LPAR

Hi, I would like to know how to share lun in between 2 lpars. I have run tbe below command on vio server. /usr/sbin/chdev -l hdisk1 -a reserve_policy=no_reserve after above command I am able to assign lun on one Lpar. but it is not visible to other lpar. even after this I have run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS FC Mapping/NPIV questions

Please forgive me here as I don't fully understand what I am talking about here so if I use the wrong terminology please overlook me. We have multiple AIX LPARs on the managed system with two VIO Servers. A Co-Worker and I are trying to set up a new LPAR client (The guy that knows this is out)... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
14 Replies

7. AIX

List LPAR from VIOS

Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a list of the LPAR running on VIOS? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
5 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS LPAR Error 0518

I am trying to install AIX 5.3 on one of the LPARs through VIOS but I get this error 0518 Reference Code Selection 0518 (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:20 AM UTC) Starting kernel (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:15 AM UTC) AIX is starting. (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:15 AM... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
10 Replies

9. AIX

Moving VIOS, LPAR's, HMC to different subnet

Hi, Just joined to new company with one Power 720 Express (8202-E4C) server and have no much experience with IBM systems. I am trying to move everything I mentioned to different subnet as required by customer contract (currently sitting on same subnet as company lan). Access to this subnet will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spricer
8 Replies

10. AIX

VIOS: Extend virtual disk assigned to running lpar?

Hello, VIOS 2.2.1.4 using IVM. I'm trying to extend a virtual disk assigned to a running lpar so that I can expand the lpar's datavg and grow some filesystems for the user. Storage admin expanded the lun and new size was reflected in VIO right away. I then needed the storage pool to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
2 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UDP - Net::Server UDP protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the SOCK_DGRAM socket type under INET (also known as UDP). See Net::Server::Proto. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. udp_recv_len Specifies the number of bytes to read from the UDP connection handle. Data will be read into $self->{'server'}->{'udp_data'}. Default is 4096. See IO::Socket::INET and recv. udp_recv_flags See recv. Default is 0. udp_broadcast Default is undef. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default ## UDP protocol parameters udp_recv_len d+ 4096 udp_recv_flags d+ 0 udp_broadcast bool undef INTERNAL METHODS
"object" Returns an object with parameters suitable for eventual creation of a IO::Socket::INET object listining on UDP. "connect" Called when actually binding the port. Handles default parameters before calling parent method. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2013-01-09 Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)