Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't setup gateway other than 127.0.0.1? Post 302315263 by Sun Fire on Tuesday 12th of May 2009 02:30:49 AM
Old 05-12-2009
I think If installation didn't ask about "networked" and "non-networked", this means you need to search for the driver for that network interface.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rc=127 can't fork

I have a script to download a file using wget. It works if I execute it from the command line. But, if I run it in cron, it doesnt work and I am getting the following in the cron log: > CMD: /export/home/username/test > username 23159 c Tue Aug 1 14:40:00 2006 < username 23159 c Tue Aug ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

3. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

4. Solaris

multitude of packets from 127.0.0.1

I was checking routing table, and noticed that our server has a lot packets from localhost: Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface -------------------- -------------------- ----- ----- ------ --------- .. 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wait - return code 127

Hi All, I am trying to create background processes and then check their status later. But I am getting return codes as 0,127 randomly On checking the return codes for wait, I found the below. Do I need to treat return code of 127 as successful as well?? as we know the process id passed is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

127.0.0.1 vs 0.0.0.0

Which one should I use in '/etc/hosts'? Please explain in details. Random quotes on the topic: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue setup Transparent proxy and Gateway using Squid on CentOS 7

Hello, We are migrating our gateways from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and for setting up a transparent proxy using squid and Firewalld i am using below configuration. #Firewalld configurations firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-forward-port=port=80:proto=tcp:toport=3128:toaddr=LAN_IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies

8. Linux

Not able to setup CentOS 7 as gateway [Using squid proxy]

Hello, Did anyone setup a CentOS7 as a gateway (with squid transparent proxy). I am trying to do so but not able to setup. I setup squid , iptables (using it instead of firewalld) and all the necessary IPtables rules but nothing work. It work previously but access.log of squid not getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
NDIS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   NDIS(4)

NAME
ndis -- NDIS miniport driver wrapper SYNOPSIS
options NDISAPI device ndis device wlan DESCRIPTION
The ndis driver is a wrapper designed to allow binary Windows(R) NDIS miniport network drivers to be used with FreeBSD. The ndis driver is provided in source code form and must be combined with the Windows(R) driver supplied with your network adapter. The ndis driver uses the ndisapi kernel subsystem to relocate and link the Windows(R) binary so that it can be used in conjunction with native code. The ndisapi sub- system provides an interface between the NDIS API and the FreeBSD networking infrastructure. The Windows(R) driver is essentially fooled into thinking it is running on Windows(R). Note that this means the ndis driver is only useful on x86 machines. To build a functional driver, the user must have a copy of the driver distribution media for his or her card. From this distribution, the user must extract two files: the .SYS file containing the driver binary code, and its companion .INF file, which contains the definitions for driver-specific registry keys and other installation data such as device identifiers. These two files can be converted into a kernel module file using the ndisgen(8) utility. This file contains a binary image of the driver plus registry key data. When the ndis driver loads, it will create sysctl(3) nodes for each registry key extracted from the .INF file. The ndis driver is designed to support mainly Ethernet and wireless network devices with PCI, PCMCIA and USB bus attachments. (Cardbus devices are also supported as a subset of PCI.) It can support many different media types and speeds. One limitation however, is that there is no consistent way to learn if an Ethernet device is operating in full or half duplex mode. The NDIS API allows for a generic means for determining link state and speed, but not the duplex setting. There may be driver-specific registry keys to control the media setting which can be configured via the sysctl(8) command. DIAGNOSTICS
ndis%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8), ndis_events(8), ndiscvt(8), ndisgen(8), wpa_supplicant(8) NDIS 5.1 specification, http://www.microsoft.com. HISTORY
The ndis device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3. AUTHORS
The ndis driver was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@windriver.com>. BSD
March 14, 2010 BSD