Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX Post 302315066 by vbe on Monday 11th of May 2009 11:21:01 AM
Old 05-11-2009
you are in / arent you when you type fuser?
If it is trying (as it seems) I supect you have also an issue with the NFS server:
to make sure rpc.statd and rpc.lockd are available and responding to RPC requests:
Code:
/usr/bin/rpcinfo -u servername status
/usr/bin/rpcinfo -u servername llockmgr
/usr/bin/rpcinfo -u servername nlockmgr
/usr/bin/rpcinfo -u clientname status
/usr/bin/rpcinfo -u clientname llockmgr
/usr/bin/rpcinfo -u clientname nlockmgr

If any of these commands returns RPC_TIMED_OUT, the rpc.statd or rpc.lockd process may be
hung.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount

:confused: Twofold question for you unix "guru's" 1) When attempting to use the umount command I get a message stating that the partition that I want to unmount is busy. Is there another command that I need to use prior to the umount command to clear the partition of activity????? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rod23
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount error

the program as follow: mount /dev/fd0135ds18 /mnt cd /mnt touch file1 cat /file2 >/mnt/file1 umount /dev/fd135ds18 when error tell device busy could you tell me the reason? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fresh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

umount help

hi all, I inherit a Solaris7 system with /home mounted via a share from the NFS server. When I look at mnttab, there are two entries mounted under /home. Let's say they are server:/home/a and server:/home/b. I would like to maintain /home/a but not /home/b. However, I just don't know where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
4 Replies

4. Solaris

umount is failing

I am trying to umount a NFS share. When I do the following: # umount syrupg21 umount: /oebs/syrupg21: device is busy device bussy so I like to check what is working on the system.... # fuser -muv /oebs/syrupg21/ # So no locks should be there... any clue? Regards, Johan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suntac
3 Replies

5. Solaris

force umount in solaris 2.6

Hi All, Can someone share with me how to force umount in solaris 2.6? Thanks Leong (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkleong
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Almost impossible question

Would anyone know how to get a directory listing of all files in a directory as well as all the files in their respective subdirectories and save the listings to a file? I realize this is tricky. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next to impossible question

I noticed that I have a print job that is hung up (lpstat -o) due to a broken printer. Is there a way to re-route the printed information into a text file? Or does it exist somewhere in UNIX as a text file? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

how to force umount

sorry, wrong section, mod please close thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Impossible to access on /vol1

hi team, I'm a new with Solaris system and i'm a french, so my english will not be very good but I'll try to explain my problem. I have a Sun server SunFire X4170 with Solaris 10 as OS. since last week I am not able to access on /vol1 anymore. And bellow are the warning messages which are... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerco
20 Replies
RPCINFO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RPCINFO(8)

NAME
rpcinfo -- report RPC information SYNOPSIS
rpcinfo -p [host] rpcinfo [-n portnum] -u host program [version] rpcinfo [-n portnum] -t host program [version] rpcinfo -b program version rpcinfo -d program version DESCRIPTION
rpcinfo makes an RPC call to an RPC server and reports what it finds. OPTIONS
-p Probe the portmapper on host, and print a list of all registered RPC programs. If host is not specified, it defaults to the value returned by hostname(1). -u Make an RPC call to procedure 0 of program on the specified host using UDP, and report whether a response was received. -t Make an RPC call to procedure 0 of program on the specified host using TCP, and report whether a response was received. -n Use portnum as the port number for the -t and -u options instead of the port number given by the portmapper. -b Make an RPC broadcast to procedure 0 of the specified program and version using UDP and report all hosts that respond. -d Delete registration for the RPC service of the specified program and version. This option can be exercised only by the super-user. The program argument can be either a name or a number. If a version is specified, rpcinfo attempts to call that version of the specified program. Otherwise, rpcinfo attempts to find all the reg- istered version numbers for the specified program by calling version 0 (which is presumed not to exist; if it does exist, rpcinfo attempts to obtain this information by calling an extremely high version number instead) and attempts to call each registered version. Note: the version number is required for -b and -d options. EXAMPLES
To show all of the RPC services registered on the local machine use: example% rpcinfo -p To show all of the RPC services registered on the machine named klaxon use: example% rpcinfo -p klaxon To show all machines on the local net that are running the Yellow Pages service use: example% rpcinfo -b ypserv 'version' | uniq where 'version' is the current Yellow Pages version obtained from the results of the -p switch above. To delete the registration for version 1 of the walld service use: example% rpcinfo -d walld 1 SEE ALSO
rpc(5), portmap(8) RPC Programming Guide. BUGS
In releases prior to SunOS 3.0, the Network File System (NFS) did not register itself with the portmapper; rpcinfo cannot be used to make RPC calls to the NFS server on hosts running such releases. BSD
December 17, 1987 BSD