Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to read dbf file in shell script and to convert dbf file usinf shell script Post 302315056 by methyl on Monday 11th of May 2009 11:04:21 AM
Old 05-11-2009
.dbf is a generic for Database File. What database engine are you running? If these are not flat files you will need a program to do the conversion to .csv.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP file usinf shell script to Mainframes

Hi , Please help me FTP an output file to mainframes using Mainframes. I have no idea how to FTP to mainframes. :( I need to deploy my code by next week. The code is ready but the client's requirement is that i need to ftp all the output file to the mainframes server. I created the dataset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthimathew
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to read two file at same time and print out in single file

Need shell script to read two file at same time and print output in single file Example I have two files 1) file1.txt 2) file2.txt File1.txt contains Aaa Bbb Ccc Ddd Eee Fff File2.txt contains Zzz Yyy Xxx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to Data File in Shell Script

Hi All, I will be getting a huge XML file with a lot of records in it. I need to convert it into multiple data files. SAMPLE XML FILE <ABSProductCatalog xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> - <ProductSalesHierachy> - <Portfolios> - <Portfolio productCode="P1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel file to PDF file using shell script

Hi All, Is it possible to convert the excel file to PDF file(Without loosing any format) using unix shell scripting ??? If yes Kindly help me on the code Thanks in advance!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ArcGIS shapefile *.dbf file to ascii text

Okay, I search around and couldn't find what I needed, so here goes: I have a series of ArcGIS point shapefiles. If I open them in Excel I can save as an Excel or text file and get a 2 column list: POINTID | GRID_CODE 1 | 2.34234 2 | 4.3425 3 | 6.32456 etc... The problem is that I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrandt1979
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Read the given file contents into a merged one file

Like to have shell script to Read the given file contents into a merged one file with header of path+file name followed by file contents into a single output file. While reading and merging the file contents into a single file, Like to keep the format of the source file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
SQUID_DB_AUTH(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  SQUID_DB_AUTH(8)

NAME
squid_db_auth - Database auth helper for Squid SYNOPSIS
squid_db_auth [options] DESCRIPTOIN
This program verifies username & password to a database --dsn Database DSN. Default "DBI:mysql:database=squid" --user Database User --password Database password --table Database table. Default "passwd". --usercol Username column. Default "user". --passwdcol Password column. Default "password". --cond Condition, defaults to enabled=1. Specify 1 or "" for no condition If you use --joomla flag, this condition will be changed to block=0 --plaintext Database contains plain-text passwords --md5 Database contains unsalted md5 passwords --salt Selects the correct salt to evaluate passwords --persist Keep a persistent database connection open between queries. --joomla Tells helper that user database is Joomla DB. So their unusual salt hashing is understood. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> Copyright (C) 2010 Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <dlucio@okay.com.mx> (Joomla support) This program is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2, or (at youropinion) any later version. perl v5.14.2 2014-08-28 SQUID_DB_AUTH(8)