Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed - print only matching regex Post 302315051 by jim mcnamara on Monday 11th of May 2009 10:51:23 AM
Old 05-11-2009
If the field is four numbers, and you have -F', ' (with a modern awk) leading and trailing delimiters will be removed. In this case I set delimiters as space and comma. You may need to add other whitepsace characters like tab to the -F option argument. I don't know what is in your file.

Try
Code:
awk -F', '   '{ for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) if($i ~/[0-9]{4}/) {print $i} }' filename | od -c | more

to see what kinds of extra characters you are getting. -F '[^0-9]' makes everything that is not a number a field delimiter, if you cannot tell what to exclude

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching and print with sed

Hi It is possible with sed to print a pattern within a line matching regexp? So, the line looks like : 19:00:00 blablablabla jobid 2345 <2> the regexp is "jobid 2345" and the pattern is 56434. That the code for find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex/sed - matching any char,space,underscore between : and /

trying to remove the portion in red: Data: mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: $AI_SQL/wkly.sql mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: $EDW_TMP/wkly.sql output to be: mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: wkly.sql mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: wkly.sql SED i'm trying to use: sed 's/:+\//: /g' input_file.dat >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed print certain lines matching variable

I have a very large results file, and a list of filters grep -wf filterlist.txt datafile.txt > outfile.txt The above line works but is very slow and I'm wondering how to make it faster. The items in my filterlist are only relevant to the first column. I don't care if any item in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayb
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed print matching pattern

Hi, i have data file like: START1 a b STOP c d START2 e STOP f START3 g STOP When one of the START<count> variable is passed, i should print all lines matching this until the first 'STOP' for example if 'START2' is provided for match, i should get the result as: START2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysrini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: Pattern repitition regex matching

Fairly straightforward, but I'm having an awful time getting what I thought was a simple regex to work. I'll give the command I was playing with, and I'm aware why this one doesn't work (the 1,3 is off the A-Z, not the whole expression), I just don't know what the fix is: Actual Output(s): $... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print lines between 2 timestamps using awk|sed and regex

Hi, I am using the following code to fetch lines that are generated in last 1 hr . Hence, I am using date function to calculate -last 1 hr & the current hr and then somehow use awk (or sed-if someone could guide me better) with some regex pattern. dt_1=`date +%h" "%d", "%Y\ %l -d "1 hour... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarah-alikhan31
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk print all fields except matching regex

grep -v will exclude matching lines, but I want something that will print all lines but exclude a matching field. The pattern that I want excluded is '/mnt/svn' If there is a better solution than awk I am happy to hear about it, but I would like to see this done in awk as well. I know I can... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 for matching line in file2 and print the difference in matching lines

Hello, I have two files file 1 and file 2 each having result of a query on certain database tables and need to compare for Col1 in file1 with Col3 in file2, compare Col2 with Col4 and output the value of Col1 from File1 which is a) not present in Col3 of File2 b) value of Col2 is different from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RasB15
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed REGEX to print multiple occurrences of a pattern from a line

I have a line that I need to parse through and extract a pattern that occurs multiple times in it. Example line: getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed, getInfoCall: info received please proceed,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
4 Replies
Biber::Entry::Name(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Biber::Entry::Name(3pm)

NAME
Biber::Entry::Name - Biber::Entry::Name objects new Initialize a Biber::Entry::Name object, optionally with key=>value arguments. Ex: Biber::Entry::Name->new( lastname=>"Bolzmann", firstname=>"Anna Maria", prefix => "von" ) TO_JSON Serialiser for JSON::XS::encode notnull Test for an empty object was_stripped Return boolean to tell if the passed field had braces stripped from the original set_hash Set a hash for the name get_hash Get a hash for the name set_index Set a field telling what position in the name list the name is get_index Get the index of a Biber::Entry::Name object set_uniquename Set uniquename for a visible Biber::Entry::Name object Sets global flag to say that some uniquename value has changed set_uniquename_all Set uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_uniquename Get uniquename for a visible Biber::Entry::Name object get_uniquename_all Get uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object reset_uniquename Reset uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_minimal_info Set the string of lastnames and string of fullnames Used to track uniquename=5 or 6 get_minimal_info Get the name context used to track uniquename=5 or 6 get_namepart Get a namepart by passed name set_firstname Set firstname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_firstname Get firstname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_firstname_i Get firstname initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_middlename Set middlename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_middlename Get middlename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_middlename_i Get middlename initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_lastname Set lastname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_lastname Get lastname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_lastname_i Get lastname initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_suffix Set suffix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_suffix Get suffix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_suffix_i Get suffix initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_prefix Set prefix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_prefix Get prefix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_prefix_i Get prefix initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_gender Set gender for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_gender Get gender for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_namestring Set namestring for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_namestring Get namestring for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_nameinitstring Set nameinitstring for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_nameinitstring Get nameinitstring for a Biber::Entry::Name object name_to_bbl { Return bbl data for a name name_to_bltxml { Add BibLaTeXML for the name to an XML::Writer object dump Dump Biber::Entry::Name object AUTHORS
Francois Charette, "<firmicus at ankabut.net>" Philip Kime "<philip at kime.org.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests on our sourceforge tracker at <https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=228270>. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2012 Francois Charette and Philip Kime, all rights reserved. This module is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-17 Biber::Entry::Name(3pm)