Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exe for perl script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exe for perl script Post 302315001 by Anuj8584 on Monday 11th of May 2009 08:22:43 AM
Old 05-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog74
google "perl to exe". No it will not be secure to a determined hacker.
Thanks a lot for ur reply.K i understand tat its not secure to a determined hacker.But wat i really want to know is tat when we compare with exe created for a VB script is it easy to hack a exe created for perl script ???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

one script loading(exe) enother script

I would like to create (out of user default) a generic profile that would execute one or more scripts that would initialize connection to database and/or start other deployment tools. So, every new user gets a default profile once I create the user then I would need to MODIFY this profile to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softarch
1 Replies

2. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: perl 2 exe with Tk

How do i turn my TK perl program into an EXE using perl 2 exe. I did it as normal but the program dont run, it shuts itslef down (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl to exe

Hello All, I want to convert .pl to .exe with all include libraries like: WIN32/OLE..... Please suggest me how i will proceed for this.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I run a exe which is at bin dir from my script.

Hello forum memebers. I have command which is exe of C- program from my script.i am writing a script which is under path /abc/xyz/test.sh. the script consist the command which is the exe of c-prog and the exe is present in the /abc/xyz/bin.if run the command from the /abc/xyz its running and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send arguments to a .exe file from a shell script

Folks , can anyone post a sample showing a way to parse a variable containing a string to a .exe file . Thanks Venu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .exe inside shell script

I have to run some shell scripts in Windows using Cygwin. I am able to achieve that using %BASH% --login -i "/cygdrive/d/script.sh" , where %BASH% is an environment variable in Windows set to C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe. I have a created a Cygwin environment variable $EXE_PATH =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemanthJayasimh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
File::DosGlob(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					File::DosGlob(3pm)

NAME
File::DosGlob - DOS like globbing and then some SYNOPSIS
require 5.004; # override CORE::glob in current package use File::DosGlob 'glob'; # override CORE::glob in ALL packages (use with extreme caution!) use File::DosGlob 'GLOBAL_glob'; @perlfiles = glob "..\pe?l/*.p?"; print <..\pe?l/*.p?>; # from the command line (overrides only in main::) > perl -MFile::DosGlob=glob -e "print <../pe*/*p?>" DESCRIPTION
A module that implements DOS-like globbing with a few enhancements. It is largely compatible with perlglob.exe (the M$ setargv.obj version) in all but one respect--it understands wildcards in directory components. For example, "<..\l*b\file/*glob.p?"> will work as expected (in that it will find something like '..libFile/DosGlob.pm' alright). Note that all path components are case-insensitive, and that backslashes and forward slashes are both accepted, and preserved. You may have to double the backslashes if you are putting them in literally, due to double-quotish parsing of the pattern by perl. Spaces in the argument delimit distinct patterns, so "glob('*.exe *.dll')" globs all filenames that end in ".exe" or ".dll". If you want to put in literal spaces in the glob pattern, you can escape them with either double quotes, or backslashes. e.g. "glob('c:/"Program Files"/*/*.dll')", or "glob('c:/Program Files/*/*.dll')". The argument is tokenized using "Text::ParseWords::parse_line()", so see Text::ParseWords for details of the quoting rules used. Extending it to csh patterns is left as an exercise to the reader. NOTES
o Mac OS (Classic) users should note a few differences. The specification of pathnames in glob patterns adheres to the usual Mac OS conventions: The path separator is a colon ':', not a slash '/' or backslash ''. A full path always begins with a volume name. A relative pathname on Mac OS must always begin with a ':', except when specifying a file or directory name in the current working directory, where the leading colon is optional. If specifying a volume name only, a trailing ':' is required. Due to these rules, a glob like <*:> will find all mounted volumes, while a glob like <*> or <:*> will find all files and directories in the current directory. Note that updirs in the glob pattern are resolved before the matching begins, i.e. a pattern like "*HD:t?p::a*" will be matched as "*HD:a*". Note also, that a single trailing ':' in the pattern is ignored (unless it's a volume name pattern like "*HD:"), i.e. a glob like <:*:> will find both directories and files (and not, as one might expect, only directories). The metachars '*', '?' and the escape char '' are valid characters in volume, directory and file names on Mac OS. Hence, if you want to match a '*', '?' or '' literally, you have to escape these characters. Due to perl's quoting rules, things may get a bit complicated, when you want to match a string like '*' literally, or when you want to match '' literally, but treat the immediately following character '*' as metachar. So, here's a rule of thumb (applies to both single- and double-quoted strings): escape each '*' or '?' or '' with a backslash, if you want to treat them literally, and then double each backslash and your are done. E.g. - Match '*' literally escape both '' and '*' : '\*' double the backslashes : '\\\*' (Internally, the glob routine sees a '\*', which means that both '' and '*' are escaped.) - Match '' literally, treat '*' as metachar escape '' but not '*' : '\*' double the backslashes : '\\*' (Internally, the glob routine sees a '\*', which means that '' is escaped and '*' is not.) Note that you also have to quote literal spaces in the glob pattern, as described above. EXPORTS (by request only) glob() BUGS
Should probably be built into the core, and needs to stop pandering to DOS habits. Needs a dose of optimizium too. AUTHOR
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@activestate.com> HISTORY
o Support for globally overriding glob() (GSAR 3-JUN-98) o Scalar context, independent iterator context fixes (GSAR 15-SEP-97) o A few dir-vs-file optimizations result in glob importation being 10 times faster than using perlglob.exe, and using perlglob.bat is only twice as slow as perlglob.exe (GSAR 28-MAY-97) o Several cleanups prompted by lack of compatible perlglob.exe under Borland (GSAR 27-MAY-97) o Initial version (GSAR 20-FEB-97) SEE ALSO
perl perlglob.bat Text::ParseWords perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 File::DosGlob(3pm)