Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract some parts of a file to create some outfile Post 302314950 by iammitra on Monday 11th of May 2009 05:53:27 AM
Old 05-11-2009
ghostdog74,
Thank you for your help. Your last help for the script works. but still it produces files will spaces in front of lines. How I can get rid of the spaces.
The output looks like
mitra:testNextPart mitra$ more output_0
Code:
  Gammaproteobacteria: 2767
        Alphaproteobacteria: 4123
          Deltaproteobacteria: 1343
          Epsilonproteobacteria: 26
        Betaproteobacteria: 397
        unclassified Proteobacteria: 48
          Elusimicrobium: 2
        candidate division WWE1: 9
          Flavobacteria: 2358
          Sphingobacteria: 136
          Bacteroidia: 162
          environmental samples: 21
          Chlorobia: 77
        Planctomycetacia: 40
        Spirochaetes (class): 15
        Nitrospira (class): 1
        Bacilli: 25
  Not assigned: 1445
  No hits: 220253

Sorry to disturb you again and again.
Thanks a lot.
With best regard,
Mitra.

Last edited by iammitra; 05-11-2009 at 06:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract columns from 2 different files and create new file

Hi All, I have 2 issues while working with file. 1. I have 2 delimited(~) files. I want to extract column numbner 3 from file1 and column number 8 from file2 and paste it into file3. I have tried using cut, but not able to get answer. 2. i have 2 filxed-width file. I wanted to do same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and create a new file

Hi, i have a filename CRED20102009.txt in a server 20102009 is the date of the file ddmmaaaa format the complete route is /dprod/informatica/Fuentes/CRED20102009.csv i want to extract the date to create a new file named Parameters.txt I need to create Parameters.txt with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel1001
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create shell script to extract unique information from one file to a new file.

Hi to all, I got this content/pattern from file http.log.20110808.gz mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close igchung@abc.com 2011/8/7 7:37:36 0:00:03 0 0 1 mail1 httpd: Account Information: login sastria9@abc.com proxy sid=gFp4DLm5HnU mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close sastria9@abc.com... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? create similarity matrix by calculating overlaps between sets comprising of individual parts

Hi everyone I am very new at awk and to me the task I need to get done is very very challenging... Nevertheless, after admiring how fast and elegant issues are being solved here I am sure this is my best chance. I have a 2D data file (input file is a plain tab-delimited text file). The first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract certain parts from a file

I have a logfile from which i need to extract certain pattern based on the time but the problem here is the time is not same for all days. Input file: Mon 12:34:56 abvjingjgg Mon 12:34:57 ofjhjgjhgh . . . Mon 22:30:00 kkfng . . . Mon 23:12:23 kjgsdafhkljf . . . Tue 01:04:54... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Parts of File

Hello All, I have a file like this Define schema flat_file_schema ( a varchar(20) ,b varchar(30) ,c varchar(40) ); (Insert into table ( a ,b ,c ) values ( 1 ,2 ,3 ); (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing parts of ten digits number by parts

I have number in file which contains date and serial number: 2013101000. The last two digits are serial number (00). So maximum of serial number is 100. After reaching 100 it becomes 00 with incrementing 10 which is day with max 31. after reaching 31 it becomes 00 and increments 10... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
31 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create"

Hello, Each time a user log on to host, they receive below error: -sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create Example: $ ssh host user@host's password: Last login: Fri Dec 4 08:17:28 2015 from client.ref |-----------------------------------------------------------------| -sh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract parts of the line

I have a long list of lines in a txt file which i'm only interested to extract the list of domains like the colored ones. domain.com domain.com/page codes $.09 domain.org domain.org/page2/ codes $0.10 domain.net domain.net/page03 codes $0.05 domain.info ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

TCL script to extract the file name and then create two independent list

I am having one problem as stated below Problem Description I am having some "sv" extension files , I am using "glob" to extract the matching files , Now in these matching files , I need to split them and extract the elements and create different lists. For example set files This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
qwavcut(1)							 quelcom man pages							qwavcut(1)

NAME
qwavcut - extract and/or delete parts of a wav file SYNOPSIS
qwavcut [option]... file DESCRIPTION
qwavcut allows to extract and/or delete a fragment of a wav file. some parameters must be supplied in order to define the start/size/end cut points and what to do then: either the fragment must be copied to another file or erased from the file (or both) GENERAL OPTIONS
-d, --delete deletes the fragment from the file. if option --output is used, deletion action is always done after fragment extraction. -h, --help show a brief help and exit. -o <outfile>, --output=<outfile> outfile is the file where the samples contained in the specified cut will be copied. -V, --version show version and exit. CUT OPTIONS
cut options are used to specify at which sample the fragment begins (options -b or -B), ends (options -e and -E), or which size it has (option -s). at least, one cut option must be specified. neither the options -b and -B, and the options -e and -E can be used together; also, a begin, end and size option can be used at the same time. by default, the fragment begins at the first sample and ends at the last sample; there's no default value for size. all the values are treated as a sample number unless a format specifier is used. see the FORMATS section below for information. all values must be positive integer. -b <begin>[<format>], --set-begin-from-eof=<begin>[<format>] begin specifies the first sample of the file that belongs to the cut counting from the end of the file. -B <begin>[<format>], --set-begin=<begin>[<format>] begin specifies the first sample of the file that belongs to the cut counting from the beginning of the file. -e <end>[<format>], --set-end-from-eof=<end>[<format>] end specifies the last sample of the file that belongs to the cut counting from the end of the file. -E <end>[<format>], --set-end=<end>[<format>] end specifies the last sample of the file that belongs to the cut counting from the beginning of the file. -s <size>[<format>], --set-size=<size>[<format>] size specifies the number of samples contained in the cut. -S <begin>-<end>, --slice <begin>-<end> slice specifies the starting and ending points of the cut as a timeslice, which is to say, two time specifications ([[h:]m:]s[.ms]) joined by a hyphen. FORMATS
cut options can have also an optional modifier. if this modifier is not used, then the value provided with the corresponding cut option will be interpreted as a number of samples. since most of the times will be difficult to specify a cut in terms of samples, the following modifiers are provided: j value is interpreted as milliseconds. m value is interpreted as minutes. s value is interpreted as seconds. b value is interpreted as bytes. k value is interpreted as kbytes (1024 bytes). M value is interpreted as megabytes (1024 kbytes). in either case, the values specified will be rounded to get an integer number of samples. EXAMPLES
here are some examples: to get the last ten seconds of a file: qwavcut -b 10s -o outfile.wav infile.wav four ways of getting the first minute of a file: qwavcut -S -1:0 -o outfile.wav infile.wav qwavcut -S -60 -o outfile.wav infile.wav qwavcut -E 1m -o outfile.wav infile.wav qwavcut -s 1m -o outfile.wav infile.wav four ways of getting the second quarter of a file: qwavcut -S 15:0-30:0 -o outfile.wav infile.wav qwavcut -B 15m -E 30m -o outfile.wav infile.wav qwavcut -s 15m -E 30m -o outfile.wav infile.wav qwavcut -B 15m -s 15m -o outfile.wav infile.wav NOTES
if neither the options --output nor --delete are specified, the program will do nothing. when cutting at the end, a simple truncate call is needed. but when cutting in the middle or in the beginning, all the data behind the cut must be moved ahead and, depending on the amount of the data to be moved, this can be a time consuming operation. BUGS
tests has been done only with 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo files, though it may work with mono/stereo 8/16 bits files. AUTHOR
dmanye@etse.urv.es http://www.etse.urv.es/~dmanye/quelcom/quelcom.html SEE ALSO
qwavinfo(1), qwavjoin(1), qwavsilence(1), qwavfade(1), qwavheaderdump(1) qmp3info(1), qmp3join(1), qmp3cut(1), qmp3check(1), qmp3report(1) quelcom 0.4.0 february 2001 qwavcut(1)