Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: out of frequency
Operating Systems Solaris out of frequency Post 302314934 by medo2008 on Monday 11th of May 2009 05:20:42 AM
Old 05-11-2009
and wanted to put the solaris with the win xp in the same HDD
THANkS

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to find processor frequency

Hello , Please tell me how to find processor frequency in HP UNIX . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting commands frequency

I'd like to create a script that keeps track of the commands used. For example: count ls ps and from now on whenever I use ls or ps a counter is increased. I want that after the command count has been activated a session starts(here I can use any commands) and I want to stop the session... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max89
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to calculate frequency distributions?

Hello, I'm trying to get lists of the frequency distributions for each of two variables (vars C and N in the examples). I'd like the distribution for each variable to range from the min of the two variables to the max of the two variables. I can work out the max value beforehand by ordering the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word Frequency Sort

hello, Here is a program for creating a word-frequency # wf.gk --- program to generate word frequencies from a file { # remove punctuation: This will remove all punctuations from the file gsub(/_]/, "", $0) #Start frequency analysis for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) freq++ } END #Print output... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
11 Replies

5. AIX

Finding Memory Frequency

Hi, I would like to know how to find out frequency of memory, I have used the command prtconf but it is showing amt of ram available on server, it is not showing frequency. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Same frequency

Hi, Could anyone help me with the following question, if I have two colums (names and frequency) as follows in a file called name.txt Michael 1 Jones 1 Ben 2 Rebeca 4 David 1 and I want to use bash script called freqnames.sh that takes one argument (name) and the output should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jboy
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Different OS Kernel Update Frequency

Hi guys I'm trying to configure a collaboration suit (PHP, PostgreSQL, Apache) plus a mail server(Sendmail and Dovecot) on a single box. It will be used heavily 24*7. So having a long up time is really needed. I'm looking for 3 to 6 month up time. I want to know about kernel update... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find frequency

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 million records.. Each row has a distance number.. I want to know how many times is each number occurring from min to max number.. 2 5 120 208 7 28 45 6 33 120 7 208 so onn.. output 0-0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

frequency count using shell

Hello everyone, please consider the following lines of a matrix 59 32 59 32 59 32 59 32 59 32 59 32 59 32 60 32 60 33 60 33 60 33 60 33 60 33 60 33 60 33 60 33 60 33 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)