Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX Post 302314928 by gogol_bordello on Monday 11th of May 2009 05:05:04 AM
Old 05-11-2009
Is it really impossible to force umount on HP-UX

Hello,
yeah... here my question :
Exist some way to force umount on HP other than reboot?

Thanks
gb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount

:confused: Twofold question for you unix "guru's" 1) When attempting to use the umount command I get a message stating that the partition that I want to unmount is busy. Is there another command that I need to use prior to the umount command to clear the partition of activity????? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rod23
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount error

the program as follow: mount /dev/fd0135ds18 /mnt cd /mnt touch file1 cat /file2 >/mnt/file1 umount /dev/fd135ds18 when error tell device busy could you tell me the reason? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fresh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

umount help

hi all, I inherit a Solaris7 system with /home mounted via a share from the NFS server. When I look at mnttab, there are two entries mounted under /home. Let's say they are server:/home/a and server:/home/b. I would like to maintain /home/a but not /home/b. However, I just don't know where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
4 Replies

4. Solaris

umount is failing

I am trying to umount a NFS share. When I do the following: # umount syrupg21 umount: /oebs/syrupg21: device is busy device bussy so I like to check what is working on the system.... # fuser -muv /oebs/syrupg21/ # So no locks should be there... any clue? Regards, Johan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suntac
3 Replies

5. Solaris

force umount in solaris 2.6

Hi All, Can someone share with me how to force umount in solaris 2.6? Thanks Leong (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkleong
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Almost impossible question

Would anyone know how to get a directory listing of all files in a directory as well as all the files in their respective subdirectories and save the listings to a file? I realize this is tricky. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next to impossible question

I noticed that I have a print job that is hung up (lpstat -o) due to a broken printer. Is there a way to re-route the printed information into a text file? Or does it exist somewhere in UNIX as a text file? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

how to force umount

sorry, wrong section, mod please close thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertngo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Impossible to access on /vol1

hi team, I'm a new with Solaris system and i'm a french, so my english will not be very good but I'll try to explain my problem. I have a Sun server SunFire X4170 with Solaris 10 as OS. since last week I am not able to access on /vol1 anymore. And bellow are the warning messages which are... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerco
20 Replies
HALT(8) 							       halt								   HALT(8)

NAME
halt, poweroff, reboot - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine SYNOPSIS
halt [OPTIONS...] poweroff [OPTIONS...] reboot [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
halt, poweroff, reboot may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Prints a short help text and exits. --halt Halt the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -p, --poweroff Power-off the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. --reboot Reboot the machine, regardless of which one of the three commands is invoked. -f, --force Force immediate halt, power-off, reboot. Do not contact the init system. -w, --wtmp-only Only write wtmp shutdown entry, do not actually halt, power-off, reboot. -d, --no-wtmp Do not write wtmp shutdown entry. --no-wall Do not send wall message before halt, power-off, reboot. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. NOTES
These are legacy commands available for compatibility only. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), shutdown(8), wall(1) systemd 208 HALT(8)