Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Benchmarking a Beowulf Cluster Post 302314887 by otheus on Monday 11th of May 2009 03:03:52 AM
Old 05-11-2009
You are getting a different error.
Code:
HPL ERROR from process # 0, on line 621 of function HPL_pdinfo:
>>> Illegal input in file HPL.dat. Exiting ... <<<

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the source code to say what the error is. The HPL.dat file I posted was a suggested sample based on my reading of internet documentation. It could be that documentation is out-of-date or perhaps newer or perhaps just wrong. Check the README and/or sample HPL.dat files that came with you HPL and go through them line-by-line vis-a-vis your own.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Server and Workstation benchmarking

This is from my server AMD K6 133MHz 64Mb RAM 4GB HDD (Maxtor - ATA33) 2x10Mb NIC 1Mb Intel Graphic Card BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- FreeBSD sergiu.tarnita.net 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE #2: Thu Mar 17 15:49:16 EET 2005... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-Unix Hardware benchmarking

Hi everyone, I'm working on one HP-Unix application which we have to port completely onto Windows xp. Before that I have to compare performance of two different machines. My HP-Unix is running on HP-C8000 workstation and windows XP machine is intel Xeon. Now the problem is to evaluate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgatkal
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

MySQL Cluster - Designing, Evaluating and Benchmarking (reg. req'd)

Registration is required. In this white paper learn the fundamentals of how to design and select the proper components for a successful MySQL Cluster evaluation. Explore hardware, networking and software requirements. Work through basic functional testing and evaluation best practices. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Tuning HPL.dat for Beowulf Cluster [Linpack]

Hi guys, I am having some issues tuning the HPL.dat file for the Linpack benchmark test across 2 nodes. I am very new to this with minimal Linux experience, however i am trying my luck. The specs for the two nodes are: 3GHZ QX6850 CORE 2 EXTREME (QUAD CORE) 4GB RAM I have been typing these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mercthunder
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Benchmarking a new Solaris, with four different clients

Good morning, for the impatient: I have a new backup-server and need to monitor, what the machine can do, what's the best way of finding that out? I will tell the story right from the beginning, so you have a clue about what's going on: I have a setup of three machines: A new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

benchmarking application

Where i get a open source benchmark program using pthread library for benchmarking our multicore system for the first stage.I need the source code too for that application ,because in later stage we need to develop our application so that i need to study pthread more. please anybody guide me . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Benchmarking and performance analyzing in OS

Is/Are there an/some application/applications , package/packages for benchmarking or system performance measuring which are there for almost all Linux releases and distributions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies
geom(1) 																   geom(1)

NAME
geom - analyzes a molecular geometry input in Cartesian coordinates. DESCRIPTION
The program geom reads a set of Cartesian coordinates and determines from them the bond distances (Bohr and angstrom), bond angles, tor- sional angles, out-of-plane angles (optional), moments of inertia, and rotational constants. FILES REQUIRED
input.dat - Input file and one of the following: geom.dat - geometry file file11.dat - PSI-format geometry/gradient file FILES GENERATED
geom.out - file containing the analysis INPUT OPTIONS
The geom program has the following options: -h Print help information (these options). -aces [filename] Read the input in an ACES output format, with each line consisting of atomic symbol, atomic number, and Cartesian coordinates (in Bohr). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -qchem [filename] Read the input in an QCHEM output format, with each line consisting of the atom number, the atomic symbol, and Cartesian coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -xyz [filename] Read the input in an XYZ output format. The first line contains the number of atoms and the second line is a comment line. Subse- quent lines each contain the atomic symbol and Cartesian X Y and Z coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -oop Print out-of-plane angles, where the angle a-b-c-d is defined as the angle formed by the vector a-d and the plane defined by atoms b, c, and d. DO_OOP = boolean Same as command-line switch -oop described above. ISOTOPES = matrix of reals/strings Used to specify masses to be used in the calculation of the center of mass and rotational constants. One array is provided for each isotopomer to be calculated. The arrays can mix floating point numbers with strings which designate isotopes. If this array is not given and file11.dat is present, then the masses will be obtained by converting the atomic numbers in file11. If masses are not given by ISOTOPES or by file11, then no mass-related quantities will be calculated. -g [filename] Read Cartesian coordinates from a file other than file11.dat. If a filename is not given, the default is geom.dat. The alternative file is assumed to be in a format similar to that of PSI's geom.dat. Since such files do not contain atomic numbers, the moments of inertia and rotational constants are not calculated if this option is used. READ_GEOM = boolean This option in input.dat tells geom to read the geometry from geom.dat in the PSI geom.dat format. -a Print parameters for all pair distances. PRINT_ALL_DIST = boolean Same as -a flag described above. -d distance Only print parameters involving pairs of atoms which are less than distance bohr apart (default value is 4.0 bohr). PRINT_DISTANCE = value Same as -d flag described above. -angstrom The input coordinates are in angstroms, not bohr. ANGSTROM = boolean If TRUE, the input coordinates are in angstroms instead of bohr. The default is FALSE. The following example is for calculating the geometrical information for water with several different isotopes. The geometry is read from geom.dat rather than from file11.dat. geom: ( read_geom = true isotopes = ( (O H H) (O D D) (O18 1.007825 1.007825) ) ) 5 June, 1998 geom(1)