Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Authenticate Shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Authenticate Shell script Post 302314804 by devtakh on Sunday 10th of May 2009 11:19:44 AM
Old 05-10-2009
Code:
user=`whoami`
greo $user config.txt 2>/dev/null 1>&2
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo "$user is allowed to execute"
else
echo "$user not allowed to execute..exiting"
exit 1
fi

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

scp Unable to authenticate. Communication error.

I'm having this issue on one of my AIX box, whenever I try to do scp it asks for user, domain and password and just errors out, scp works fine on other AIX servers. I already checked the permissions of .sshd and its files, stopped and restarted sshd subsystem. Also it never asks for user, domain... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barkath
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

? Authenticate Sybase login thru script ?

Hi All, This is my first post. Need your favour guys. I need to authenticate syabse login/password thru shell script. I am getting the ID & Pwd form user and storing it in variable.. But how to authenticate and echo user back if the id/pwd doesnt work. isql -U$1 -P$2 -S$3 ?? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to authenticate sybase login thru shell script ?

Hi All, This is my first post. Need your favour guys. I need to authenticate syabse login/password thru shell script. I am getting the ID & Pwd form user and storing it in variable.. But how to authenticate and echo user back if the id/pwd doesnt work. isql -U$1 -P$2 -S$3 ?? thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash authenticate on a server

Hi I'd like to use a script bash that every morning automatically get from a server the file i need. The problem is that i should myself authenticate on a server, i mean i have to insert username and passwd. Do you know any reference or guide where i can read about? Thanks D. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet from shell script , further need to logout if log in not authenticate

Using unix shell script file I need to telnet to a IP further send a command to the telnet IP and get the response to a file with out using "expect" utility and I have achieved this by below command. (sleep 3; echo admin; sleep 3; echo mypass; sleep 5;echo "show status-list"; sleep 5; echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunath Rao
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to authenticate using NAGIOS on redhat

Hi, I have installed Nagios on Redhat 5 using rpms, it was successully installed and I have started the nagios and httpd service. While login on browser, using nagios userid and password, I am unable to login I have installed nagios and nagios-plugin rpms both. I have used the command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Linux Client To Authenticate using TACACS

I have customer who controls access to the internet via TACACS server, basically a PIX firewall uses authentication from the TACACS to say if traffic is allowed to pass out of the gateway. I can't find anything on how to configure a linux client of TACACS authentication only how to set up a linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to authenticate in LDAP RHEL 6.0

Hi there, I run a lab of around 20 systems. I have setup my LDAP server and LDAP clients. But when I try to log on to other cleint machines from a client machine, the error shows that "Permission Denied". On the other hand, if I login onto server from any client machine, the communication takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Failed to Authenticate user in FreeRadius 2.2.0

Hi All, I've installed FreeRadius 2.2.0 in Oracle Solaris 10 1/13, and I'm getting Access-Reject when tried using 'radtest' tool. When debugging is enabled I'm getting the following message Debug: ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user I've... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddhike G
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows AD users authenticate to Linux

Hello folks, Please advise me what is the best way to authenticate Windows AD users against Linux machines. Currently I am going to take a look of Vintela Authentication Services and please let me know if you have experience with VIntela. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)