Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP files to two servers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP files to two servers Post 302314736 by TonyFullerMalv on Saturday 9th of May 2009 09:16:03 PM
Old 05-09-2009
I would suggest using scp with password-less SSH setup in preference to sftp for automated transfers.

For the first server you could have a cron job running a script every few minutes or so that simply copys the files to server1 and then moves those files out of the way so they don't get sent again, something like:
Code:
scp -pr * server1:/server1directory
mv * ../donedirectory

Then on Server1 do a cron job calling a script that SCPs one file at a time and if successful deletes the local copy of the file, something like:
Code:
ls -laR > listfile
while read FILE; do
  scp ${FILE} server2:/server2directory 2>&1 > /tmp/scp_log_file
  RESULT=$?
  SCPTEST=`egrep -i "error|fail|denied|illegal|no such|error|unexpected|unknown|too long|lost connection" /tmp/scp_log_file`
  if [ ${RESULT} -eq 0 -a -z "${SCPTEST}" ]; then
    rm ${FILE}
  else
    echo "Error: ${FILE} not sent to server2."
  fi
done < listfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Transfer Across Multiple Servers

Hello everyone, Have a question which I'm not entirely sure about, but will ask anyway. We have three servers (A/B/C), 'A' being the local host, 'B' being a SFTP server on the DMZ, and 'C' being the intended remote host. The task is to transfer file/s from server 'A' to server 'C' via server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to scp/sftp between two servers

I have four servers that for all intents and purposes are the same (I have the same profile on all four), North, South, Brooklyn & Queens. I have a script that scp's a file from Queens to brooklyn, and it runs just fine. I tried to replicate the script on South, to transfer a file to North, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to calculate sftp time beteen two servers.

Hi, I need to calculate time taken by a 100kb file for sftp between two servers. I am new to unix can some body please tell me how do this. Thanks in advance... Vivek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koulvivek
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp files between servers

I am writing a shell script to copy sybase related .dump files from one to another aix server and visa versa. Please help me do the following The script does the following: - check directory exists - copy dump files - copy is done for multiple database - checks databases, if one... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmm_dba
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in sftp server in a get files script

Hi, In sftp script to get files, I have to rename all the files which I am picking. Rename command does not work here. Is there any way to do this? I am using #!/bin/ksh For eg: sftp user@host <<EOF cd /path get *.txt rename *.txt *.txt.done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files and archive the files using sftp

Hi, I have to check the files in another server using sftp to do that, below is the code i am going with #!/bin/bash export SRC_FOLDER=$1 export ARC_FOLDER=$2 HOST=as07u3456 USER=relfag sftp ${USER}@${HOST} <<EOF cd $SRC_FOLDER/DSCOR ls bye EOF echo "done" whatever the files i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ursrami
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to setup sftp beteen two servers?

Hi Could you please help me out how to configure between two server I don't have admin idea to setup the Sftp server the requirements is we want to send a file to vendor so we need sftp configuration so that can we can send file through sftp Please let me know what should I ask to vendor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies