Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find & dirname:problems with white spaces in Directories Post 302314713 by tubian on Saturday 9th of May 2009 05:24:22 PM
Old 05-09-2009
Thank you very much, your solution works very fine!

tubian

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting white spaces

How would I delete white spaces in a specified file? Also, I'd like to know what command I would use to take something off a regular expression, and put it onto another. ie. . . . expression1 <take_off> . . . expression2 (put here) . . . Any help would be great, thanks! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cary530
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete white spaces

hi all... i have the next question: i have a flat file with a lot of records (lines). Each record has 10 fields, which are separated by pipe (|). My problem is what sometimes, in the first record, there are white spaces (no values, nothing) in the beginning of the record, like this: ws ws... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming white spaces

I have a variable that calls in a string from txt file. Problem is the string comes with an abundance of white spaces trailing it. Is there any easy way to trim the tailing white spaces off at the end? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: briskbaby
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two or more white spaces in string

Hi, Can anybody suggest me how to combine two strings with two or more white spaces and assign it to a variable? E.g. first=HAI second=HELLO third="$first $second" # appending strings with more than one white spaces echo $third this would print HAI HELLO Output appears... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish_oty
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find folders with spaces and end of files and directories

Hi I need a script that can search through a set of directories and can locate any file or directory that has a space at the end Filename(space) Foldername(space) I then need to remove that space within the script Hope someone can help thanks in advance Treds (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with find & -size

Hi I am trying to find files over a size given by the user. this is what I have so far echo "Enter a pathname to check (example = /home/jsk1gcc/testwork): " read input echo "Enter a the size (examples = 100k, 10M, 1G): " read size find $input -size +$size echo echo "Hit the Enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelFlesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -exec directories with spaces

All, I have a cleanup script that removes directories and all contents underneath, but I am having issues with directories with spaces. This is the command I am currently running, how can I get it to work with directories with spaces? find /path -mindepth 3 -type d -exec rm -rf {} \; (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
29 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leading white spaces

Hi, I am having problem in deleting the leading spaces:- cat x.csv baseball,NULL,8798765,Most played baseball,NULL,8928192,Most played baseball,NULL,5678945,Most played cricket,NOTNULL,125782,Usually played cricket,NOTNULL,678921,Usually played $ nawk 'BEGIN{FS=","}!a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripter12
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix remove white spaces/tabs before & after pattern

Hi All, I wanted to know is there any way we can remove white spaces/tabs before & after some pattern { eg. before & after "," }. Please find below sample data below, Sat Jul 23 16:10:03 EDT 2011 , 12345678 , PROD , xyz_2345677 , testuuyt , ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
3 Replies
CPPRFS(l)								 )								 CPPRFS(l)

NAME
CPPRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CPPRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, AP, AFP, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS REAL BERR( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX AFP( * ), AP( * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
CPPRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. AP (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The upper or lower triangle of the Hermitian matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. AFP (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The triangular factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**H*U or A = L*L**H, as computed by SPPTRF/CPPTRF, packed column- wise in a linear array in the same format as A (see AP). B (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by CPPTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX array, dimension (2*N) RWORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CPPRFS(l)