Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem with socket binding - "system" call Post 302314696 by pludi on Saturday 9th of May 2009 02:37:07 PM
Old 05-09-2009
In your case, it should be enough to just close that copy of the socket. But I can't guarantee that it won't also close the parents socket, so you should test that first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

TCP/IP socket binding problem

I have what appears to be a unique socket problem, although admittedly my tcp/ip programming experience is relatively limited. I have a AIX server process using TCP/IP berkely sockets, and a Windows (C#) process. The windows process takes input from a user and sends a message to the Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adiaconou
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Configure a range of ports to "socket" system call

Hello ; This what i want to do : I know that in the system call #include <sys/socket.h> int bind(int socket, const struct sockaddr *address, socklen_t address_len); you can specify the local port for your socket, but im using a private library , and im sure that in that library... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
0 Replies

5. Programming

Adding custom ("Hello") system call: help

I'm trying to add a custom ("Hello world" :o) system call. In /usr/src/linux/hello/ I put simple hello.c ...#include "linux/linkage.h" // for linking a system call #include "linux/kernel.h" // for "printk" asmlinkage int sys_hello() { printk(KERN_ALERT "Hello!"); return 1; }... and in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: courteous
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using "system" command in perl

Hello!!! I'm trying to pass the output from bash command to perl variable in a perl script, and I used the "system" command to execute the bash statment and pass the result to perl string variable, in this perl script I used a variable $file that store data for using it as a regular expression.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evolabo
2 Replies

8. AIX

[Tip] Problem with rpm ("different operating system")

I have once experienced this problem without understanding what caused it but now learned thatn there is even a PMR dealing with it. Sometimes it happens that you encounter the following (rather cryptical) error message when trying to install an rpm-package: package <rpm_package_name> is for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "date" and "system" command

Hello experts! I need your help please I have a file.txt of which I want to extract 3rd and 4th columns with date with the form e.g.: 2016-11-25 03:14:50and pass them to "date" command, but also append the 9th column in a file as well. So I want to execute date -d '2016-11-25 03:14:50' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies
BIO_s_socket(3SSL)						      OpenSSL							BIO_s_socket(3SSL)

NAME
BIO_s_socket, BIO_new_socket - socket BIO SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/bio.h> BIO_METHOD *BIO_s_socket(void); long BIO_set_fd(BIO *b, int fd, long close_flag); long BIO_get_fd(BIO *b, int *c); BIO *BIO_new_socket(int sock, int close_flag); DESCRIPTION
BIO_s_socket() returns the socket BIO method. This is a wrapper round the platform's socket routines. BIO_read() and BIO_write() read or write the underlying socket. BIO_puts() is supported but BIO_gets() is not. If the close flag is set then the socket is shut down and closed when the BIO is freed. BIO_set_fd() sets the socket of BIO b to fd and the close flag to close_flag. BIO_get_fd() places the socket in c if it is not NULL, it also returns the socket. If c is not NULL it should be of type (int *). BIO_new_socket() returns a socket BIO using sock and close_flag. NOTES
Socket BIOs also support any relevant functionality of file descriptor BIOs. The reason for having separate file descriptor and socket BIOs is that on some platforms sockets are not file descriptors and use distinct I/O routines, Windows is one such platform. Any code mixing the two will not work on all platforms. BIO_set_fd() and BIO_get_fd() are macros. RETURN VALUES
BIO_s_socket() returns the socket BIO method. BIO_set_fd() always returns 1. BIO_get_fd() returns the socket or -1 if the BIO has not been initialized. BIO_new_socket() returns the newly allocated BIO or NULL is an error occurred. SEE ALSO
TBA 1.0.0e 2000-10-19 BIO_s_socket(3SSL)