Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Looking for a command line tool that converts a .wmv file into .mpg Post 302314690 by blackwire on Saturday 9th of May 2009 01:31:48 PM
Old 05-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by karman
I need a simple command line executable that allows me to convert a wmv file into an mpg file like this:
wmv2mpg inputfile.mwv > outputfile.mpg

I cannot find it on internet. I tried installing mencoder but I cannot get it to work.

Thanks.
if you only want to see these movies install Flip4Mac, allows you to play Windows Media (wmv) with QuickTime.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux command line admin tool

Dear All, I am new to linux administration. what is the tool that is used to admin the linux server from remote client using telnet session. It can be used on the server also but start from command line with out Xwindows. just like SMIT in AIX. With Regards, Varma. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Command line tool to join multiple .wmv files?

I need a simple command line executable that allows me to join many wmv files into one output wmv file, preferrably in a simple way like this: wmvjoin file1.wmv file2.wmv .... > outputfile.wmv So what I want is the wmv-equivalent of mpgtx I cannot find it on internet. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command-line tool for .gif files

Hello! I'm searching for a little (as basic as possible) command -line tool for viewing gif animations. I found gThumb and animate (imagemagick), but they both have a little problem... gthumb: no possibility of changing the background when viewing in fullscreen animate: no possibility of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
0 Replies
extract_font_range(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       extract_font_range(3alleg4)

NAME
extract_font_range - Extracts a range of characters from a font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *extract_font_range(FONT *f, int begin, int end) DESCRIPTION
This function extracts a character range from a font and returns a new font that contains only the range of characters selected by this function. You can pass -1 for either the lower or upper bound if you want to select all characters from the start or to the end of the font. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *capitals; FONT *fontcopy; ... /* Create a font of only capital letters */ capitals = extract_font_range(myfont, 'A', 'Z'); /* Create a copy of the font */ fontcopy = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, -1); ... destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(fontcopy); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
get_font_range_begin(3alleg4), get_font_range_end(3alleg4), merge_fonts(3alleg4), transpose_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extract_font_range(3alleg4)