Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to create script for this formula? Post 302314665 by Rahulpict on Saturday 9th of May 2009 10:29:40 AM
Old 05-09-2009
Correct working script....
awk -F "=" '/physical reads/{p+=$2;next}/logical reads/{l+=$2}END{cal=(1-(p/l))*100;print cal}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quadratic Formula Program

I have a question about the program I am making. I finished it, compiled it, and there were no errors. Now when I run it, the comand prompt comes up and there are just 1's and 0's that keep looping over and over again. The program is listed before. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeek
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formula in a script

I need some help. I been doing system admin for the last several years and gotten very rusty on scripting. I need to write a script that will take a log entry and do math using two columns of data to create a new column. I am taking the column(#2) that contains the time and the column(#5) that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
3 Replies

3. Solaris

formula to get the swap space on a machine

Hello there are different opinions on how to get the swap space on Solaris. some say: swap -s and the space= used + available others say swap -l (donno how they get the swap size) other say 'top' command others say using format command (in print sub-command) Could you please advise on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formula help

The formula below will calculate a distance in miles between 2 points in excel. Can some put it to work in unix? Lat = 43.335 Lon1 = -70.9884 Lat2 = 43.4829 Lon2 = -71.246 distance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula to get combination… sum

Formula to get combination Lats say, I have 5 values ID Price 1 5 2 10 3 30 4 5 Resule with Possible combinations will be ID Price 1 5 2 10 3 30 4 5 1+1 10 1+2 15 1+3 35 1+4 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Formula to Value

I'm new to Perl, but I need to use it to write into an excel spreadsheet. I want to copy the values of certain cells into a new sheet in the workbook. I'm unsure of how to do this because I don't know how to copy values instead of formulas. Note: by formula I mean '=SUM(A1,A2)' and by value I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AgentSmith88
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

formula missing in excel after using perl

Dear all, I got a template excel file which contains several worksheets. Each worksheet contains some formulas in the cells. I am using the perl script to read a CSV file and then put the data of CSV into template excel file(first worksheet) and then save it as new file name using ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formula missing in excel after using perl

Hi all, I use "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser" to - read a existing excel file with : $Parser = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser->new(); $HeaderFile = $Parser->Parse("XLS_FILE_ACCESS"); - modify some values in somes cell with : $worksheet->AddCell($row_target,$col_max,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yom
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A strange formula

Dear Masters, Kindly need your helps for this issue.. I face a formula as a picture... the input file is A DEPT Vp Vs rho VPperVS ------------------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ 700 151.9218 121.9269 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipatah
11 Replies
libtalloc_pools(3)						      talloc							libtalloc_pools(3)

NAME
libtalloc_pools - Chapter 5: Memory pools Memory pools Allocation of a new memory is an expensive operation and large programs can contain thousands of calls of malloc() for a single computation, where every call allocates only a very small amount of the memory. This can result in an undesirable slowdown of the application. We can avoid this slowdown by decreasing the number of malloc() calls by using a memory pool. A memory pool is a preallocated memory space with a fixed size. If we need to allocate new data we will take the desired amount of the memory from the pool instead of requesting a new memory from the system. This is done by creating a pointer that points inside the preallocated memory. Such a pool must not be reallocated as it would change its location - pointers that were pointing inside the pool would become invalid. Therefore, a memory pool requires a very good estimate of the required memory space. The talloc library contains its own implementation of a memory pool. It is highly transparent for the programmer. The only thing that needs to be done is an initialization of a new pool context using talloc_pool() - which can be used in the same way as any other context. Refactoring of existing code (that uses talloc) to take the advantage of a memory pool is quite simple due to the following properties of the pool context: o if we are allocating data on a pool context, it takes the desired amount of memory from the pool, o if the context is a descendant of the pool context, it takes the space from the pool as well, o if the pool does not have sufficient portion of memory left, it will create a new non-pool context, leaving the pool intact /* allocate 1KiB in a pool */ TALLOC_CTX *pool_ctx = talloc_pool(NULL, 1024); /* Take 512B from the pool, 512B is left there */ void *ptr = talloc_size(pool_ctx, 512); /* 1024B > 512B, this will create new talloc chunk outside the pool */ void *ptr2 = talloc_size(ptr, 1024); /* The pool still contains 512 free bytes * this will take 200B from them. */ void *ptr3 = talloc_size(ptr, 200); /* This will destroy context 'ptr3' but the memory * is not freed, the available space in the pool * will increase to 512B. */ talloc_free(ptr3); /* This will free memory taken by 'pool_ctx' * and 'ptr2' as well. */ talloc_free(pool_ctx); The above given is very convenient, but there is one big issue to be kept in mind. If the parent of a talloc pool child is changed to a parent that is outside of this pool, the whole pool memory will not be freed until the child is freed. For this reason we must be very careful when stealing a descendant of a pool context. TALLOC_CTX *mem_ctx = talloc_new(NULL); TALLOC_CTX *pool_ctx = talloc_pool(NULL, 1024); struct foo *foo = talloc(pool_ctx, struct foo); /* mem_ctx is not in the pool */ talloc_steal(mem_ctx, foo); /* pool_ctx is marked as freed but the memory is not deallocated, accessing the pool_ctx again will cause an error */ talloc_free(pool_ctx); /* This deallocates the pool_ctx. */ talloc_free(mem_ctx); It may often be better to copy the memory we want instead of stealing it to avoid this problem. If we do not need to retain the context name (to keep the type information), we can use talloc_memdup() to do this. Copying the memory out of the pool may, however, discard all the performance boost given by the pool, depending on the size of the copied memory. Therefore, the code should be well profiled before taking this path. In general, the golden rule is: if we need to steal from the pool context, we should not use a pool context. Version 2.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 libtalloc_pools(3)