Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trimming fields for comma or pipe seperated file Post 302314556 by pinnacle on Friday 8th of May 2009 04:15:46 PM
Old 05-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle
Thankyou Franklin52

This was what i was looking for that does triming and not with in double quotes.

Thanks again
Code:
nawk -F"\"" '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if(i%2)gsub("^[ ]*","",$i);gsub("[ ]*$","",$i)}}1' OFS="\"" filetst1

Modified as the earlier version was eating away the spaces between words in a csv thanks!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and then concat 4m other file (comma seperated)

My query is now a bit simplified. file1.txt names; ID; value1 ; values N; ABC; 1 ; a18 ; ... CDF; 2 ; b16 ; .. ABC; 1 ; c13 ; ...... EFG; 3 ;d12 ; ... file2.txt ID(Unique);smVals; smVal1; smVal N; 1; ...; ...; ...; 2; ..; ..; ..; 3; ..; ..; ..; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file.

Hi, I want to remove empty/blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated files Thanks all for help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl help for comma seperated output

Hi, how can i make a comma seperated output summary. i attached the sample log file. I have to capture these data in the log file. Arcotid Time Stamp, Username, Success, Failure, Error Code, Error Message In the log snippet the userID can be found in- Code Arcot Native Server:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Comma seperated arguments

Hi How to takes coma seperated arguments and and parsing each argument to varaiable that has used further in the script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma seperated file to line seperated.

Hi, I have data like this. 1,2,3,4 Output required: 1 2 3 4 I am trying to use tr function but getting error. Help is appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help removing leading spaces from one field in comma seperated file

Using awk or sed, I'd like to remove leading spaces after a comma and before a right justified number in field 6. Sounds simple but I can't find a solution. Each field's formatting must stay intact. Input: 40,123456-02,160,05/24/2012,02/13/1977, 10699.15,0 Output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in rearranging the content of a file comma seperated

I have a file with the below content a = test1 b = test2 a = test3 b= test4 c = test6 b = test5 d = test7 d = test9 Need the output to be as follows a = test1,test3 b = test2, test5 c = test6 d = test7, test9 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract fields from a CSV i.e comma separated where some of the fields having comma as value?

can anyone help me!!!! How to I parse the CSV file file name : abc.csv (csv file) The above file containing data like abv,sfs,,hju,',',jkk wff,fst,,rgr,',',rgr ere,edf,erg,',',rgr,rgr I have a requirement like i have to extract different field and assign them into different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Jena
4 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)