Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using SED on Windows xp-GnuWin32 Post 302314356 by ghostdog74 on Friday 8th of May 2009 05:49:37 AM
Old 05-08-2009
try double quotes instead of single.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GnuWin32 sed 4.1.4 regexp matching

I am using GnuWin32 sed and am having trouble with the regexp - i.e., they don't behave the same way as in UNIX (POSIX and and all that). I have a stream of data, e.g.: 11111'222?'22'33?'333'44444'55555' I want to insert a \n after those apostrophes that are *not* preceded by a ?. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Command :: UNIX to Windows

hello people Please tell me the Windows equivalent for the SED command used in the UNIX shell scripts. In Unix this command is used to replace a string by another in a file. Thanks in Advance! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: iim freak
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[gnuwin32] sed & variable %TIME%

HI.. I made ".bat" in windows 2003 , with set TIEMPO1= %TIME% | sed -e "s/://g" -e "s/,//g" echo valor de tiempo1 = %TIEMPO1% when i execute this, the result is but if i open cmd, and execute en line command this.. G:\>echo %TIME% | sed -e "s/://g" -e "s/,//g" 12390841 anyone have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upszot
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in windows does not parse curly braces

Hi everyone: I'm stuck at this point, could you guys please give me some hints about what I am doing wrong in the following script, I'm using sed for windows: sed ^"$ {^ a^ STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE^ BEGIN^ #define CLIENT_MODULE, "%CLIENT_MODULE%"^ #define CLIENT_ID, "%CLIENT_ID%"^... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuPerl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuotesAsQuotelikeOperatorDelimiters(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuotesAsQuotelikeOperatorDelimiters - Don't use quotes ("'", """, "`") as delimiters for the quote-like operators. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
With the obvious exception of using single-quotes to prevent interpolation, using quotes with the quote-like operators kind of defeats the purpose of them and produces obfuscated code, causing problems for future maintainers and their editors/IDEs. $x = q"q"; #not ok $x = q'q'; #not ok $x = q`q`; #not ok $x = qq"q"; #not ok $x = qr"r"; #not ok $x = qw"w"; #not ok $x = qx`date`; #not ok $x =~ m"m"; #not ok $x =~ s"s"x"; #not ok $x =~ tr"t"r"; #not ok $x =~ y"x"y"; #not ok $x =~ m'$x'; #ok $x =~ s'$x'y'; #ok $x = qr'$x'm; #ok $x = qx'finger foo@bar'; #ok CONFIGURATION
This policy has three options: "single_quote_allowed_operators", "double_quote_allowed_operators", and "back_quote_allowed_operators", which control which operators are allowed to use each of "'", """, "`" as delimiters, respectively. The values allowed for these options are a whitespace delimited selection of the "m", "q", "qq", "qr", "qw", "qx", "s", "tr", and "y" operators. By default, double quotes and back quotes (backticks) are not allowed as delimiters for any operators and single quotes are allowed as delimiters for the "m", "qr", "qx", and "s" operators. These defaults are equivalent to having the following in your .perlcriticrc: [ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuotesAsQuotelikeOperatorDelimiters] single_quote_allowed_operators = m s qr qx double_quote_allowed_operators = back_quote_allowed_operators = SUGGESTED BY
Michael Schwern AUTHOR
Elliot Shank "<perl@galumph.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuotesAsQuotelikeOperatorDelimiters(3pm)