Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to merge xml files with options Post 302314351 by ptrbee on Friday 8th of May 2009 05:43:56 AM
Old 05-08-2009
script to merge xml files with options

Hi,

I have a very basic knowledge of shell scripting & would like some help with a little problem I have. I sometimes use a program calle phronix & sometimes like to compare its results which are *.xml files. Which is easy enough but a friend wants to avoid typing the path to the files.
Normally I would type
./phoronix-test-suite merge-results <saved name #1> <saved name #2> <save to> which would merge the 2x files & open the save to file in the browser.
Is there a way I could write a script which would only prompt for <save names> & <save to>?
my paths are
/home/ptrbee/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results/pc1/test-1.xml /home/ptrbee/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results/pc2/test-1.xml merged.xml

Hope this is enough info & thanks in advance

ptrbee.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to merge files

Can anybody help me out with this problem " a shell program that takes one or any number of file names as input; sorts the lines of each file in ascending order and displays the non blank lines of each sorted file and merge them as one combined sorted file. The program generates an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files in windows using perl script

Hi I want to merge two or more files using perl in windows only(Just like Paste command in Unix script) . How can i do this.Is ther any single command to do this? Thanks Kunal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for extract data from xml files

Hi All, Prepare a perl script for extracting data from xml file. The xml data look like as AC StartTime="1227858839" ID="88" ETime="1227858837" DSTFlag="false" Type="2" Duration="303" /> <AS StartTime="1227858849" SigPairs="119 40 98 15 100 32 128 18 131 23 70 39 123 20 120 27 100 17 136 12... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script needed to merge two files and report differences

Hello, I have two txt files that look like this: db.0.0.0.0: Total number of NS records = 1 db.127.0.0.0: Total number of NS records = 1 Total number of PTR records = 1 db.172.19.0.0: Total number of NS records = 1 Total number of PTR records = 3 db.172.19.59.0: Total... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge two files via looping script

Hi all, I hope you can help me. I got a file a and a file b File a contains a b c d e f g h File b contains 1 2 3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to scan a directory for XML files,

Hi, I am fairly new to unix/linux scripting (about 1 week) and have written a script to scan a directory for xml files, if found call and oracle procedure passing in the file name and then move the file once processed to an archive area. Now everything seems to be working except when there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheuk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to compile multiple .c files with some options

I'm trying to write a bash script and call it "compile" such that running it allows me to compile multiple files with the options "-help," "-backup," and "-clean". I've got the code for the options written, i just can't figure out how to read the input string and then translate that into option... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: travis.batzer
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge different xml files in one

Dear all, I have a big number of .xml files (130GB) and I would like merge them in one. The problem is that I don't want all tags and all the xml files are the same. Is there any script that I can use? Thank you in advance for your helping! Some files are like: <doctype>TA</doctype>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to merge two files on an index

I have a need to merge two files on the value of an index column. input file 1 id filePath MDL_NUMBER 1 MFCD00008104.mol MFCD00008104 2 MFCD00012849.mol MFCD00012849 3 MFCD00037597.mol MFCD00037597 4 MFCD00064558.mol MFCD00064558 5 MFCD00064559.mol MFCD00064559 input file 2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge XML file (to same root)

HI I am looking for a easy way to merge 2 xml files like the following file 1: will have a structure like this <Group GID="TOTO" NAME="TOTO" UNITS="1.0"> <Property NAME="Id" VALUE="TOTO"/> <Property NAME="Currency" VALUE="USD"/> <Group... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kykyboss
6 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)