Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users difference between pstree and pstree.x11 Post 302314339 by crackthehit007 on Friday 8th of May 2009 05:15:44 AM
Old 05-08-2009
other than this is there any significant difference in these two commmands?
like in functionality or it is just a link ?

one more doubt as it is soft link to pstree how the output is differ as described by pludi..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

pstree unreadable characters

hi all, i executed this command "pstree" on redhat ent 4 and i got this below with unreadable chars: init─┬─acpid â”─amqzxma0─┬─amqrrmfa │ â”─amqzdmaa │ â”─amqzfuma │ â”─5* │ â”─amqzmgr0─┬─amqpcsea │ │ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Linux

pstree problem

hi friends i want to know that which user has loggged from real terminal(konsole) using pstree please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use pstree command?

Hi, How to use the pstree command. I tried to execute as below, not able to interpret/understand the output. pstree -p | grep 525 OUTPUT: $ pstree -p | grep 525 ââscsi_eh_0(525) Can anyone throw some light on this? Many thanks. Rgds, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

6. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pstree but without other children of ancestors

Hi, I want to display the process tree of a given PID, however, I don't want to see other children of the ancestors that don't reach the current PID. My goal is, from the tree result, i have to fetch a particular parent process by keyword, and if any other children from parents have the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using pstree

Hi guys I am trying to write a script using pstree. I understand what pstree does and how to write the command etc but I want to have a script which adds up all of the processes in the tree to get a whole number instead of the tree list which would normally come out. What I have done so far... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies
show link(1m)															     show link(1m)

NAME
show link - Displays attribute information about the specified soft link SYNOPSIS
cdscp show link link-name [attribute-name] [with attribute-name = attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of a specific soft link. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. The name of a particular attribute; see Description for valid attribute names. The value of a particular attribute. DESCRIPTION
The show link command displays the names and values of the attributes specified in attribute-name. You can use a combination of attributes in any sequence in a single command. Use a space to separate multiple attributes. You can use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause to limit output only to soft links whose attributes have values equal to the specified values. A space must precede and follow the = (equals sign). If you do not supply any attributes, the command displays all attributes and their values. The following is a description of soft link attributes: Specifies the creation timestamp (CTS) of this soft link Specifies the full name of the directory, object entry, or other soft link to which the soft link points Specifies a timeout value after which the soft link is either checked or deleted Specifies the timestamp of the most recent update to an attribute of the soft link Privilege Required You must have read permission to the soft link. If you specify a wildcard soft link name, you also need read permission to the directory that stores the soft link. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command displays the current values of all the attributes associated with the soft link /.:/sales/region1. cdscp> show link /.:/sales/region1 SHOW SOFTLINK /.../abc.com/sales/region1 AT 1991-10-15-15:54:40 CDS_CTS = 1991-10-15-19:54:35.00000003/08-00-2b-1c-8f-1f CDS_UTS = 1991-10-15-19:54:35.00000006/08-00-2b-1c-8f-1f CDS_LinkTarget = /.../abc.com/sales/service SHOW SOFTLINK /.../abc.com/sales/region1 AT 1991-10-15-15:54:41 CDS_CTS = 1991-10-15-19:54:36.00000077/08-00-2b-1c-8f-1f CDS_UTS = 1991-10-15-19:54:36.00000009/08-00-2b-1c-8f-1f CDS_LinkTarget = /.../abc.com/sales/software CDS_LinkTimeout = : Expiration = 1991-10-15-00:00:00.0 Extension = +1-00:00:00.000 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create link(1m), delete link(1m), list link(1m), remove link(1m), set link(1m) show link(1m)