Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl explain syntax !!!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users perl explain syntax !!! Post 302314328 by zedex on Friday 8th of May 2009 04:40:01 AM
Old 05-08-2009
perl explain syntax !!!

hi all
i was going through some perl code i came across this line and i am not getting what is exactly going on ..

Code:
$$this{localtion} = GetName->GetVarName("EXE_DIR") ;

what is the red part doing in above code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl doubt plz explain....

hi all i wrote a shell script which uses perl script my code is : >cat filename | while read i >do >perl -e 'require "/home/scripts/abc.pl" ; abc("$i")' >done perl script used will simply check syntax of Cobol programs but it didn't work for me so i asked my colleague he suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Please explain this for me: $hexdigit = (0 .. 9, 'a' .. 'f')[$num & 15];

This is taken from perlop. I can't understand what's going on, please can someone explain this for me? $hexdigit = (0 .. 9, 'a' .. 'f'); to get a hexadecimal digit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksheller
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain following sed syntax please

Thanks to this forum I have managed to work out a solution to my problem and actually understand most of it, but one thing is confusing me and I am sure someone here can explain. I need to insert a piece of txt into a file. This txt is awk '{ sub(/$/,"\r"); print }' $JCL_WBB50103_EFTOUT >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hukcjv
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl syntax help

Im new at scripting and im trying to write a script using perl that will make sure there are 2 command line integer arguments and then check if the 2nd argument is greater than the first. i believe im close but still receive my error message even when i have 2 arguments and the second part gives me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone please explain what tr#A-Za-z0-9+/# -_#; means in perl?

Can someone please explain what tr#A-Za-z0-9+/# -_#; means in perl? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain perl formatting commands

Could you please tell the meaning of Below mentioned perl script lines: format OWNER_TOTAL = @< Owner Code @<<<<<<total: @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @#######.## @###### #.## $prev_cust_type, $prev_owner_code,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

can you explain this perl command?

I am using this line of perl code to change the file format and remove ^M at the end of each line in files: perl -i -pe's/\r$//;' <name of file here> Can you explain to me what this code does, and translate it into bash/awk/sed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax

I'm a newbie to perl scripting. Can someone please explain the syntax below. Specifically what does -> and => do? $tz->site( => $site); (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl syntax

Query with perl syntax Aim: is to change a perl script to use a new file I was required to replace - entries \"$entries\" with -lib <full_path_to_filename> So in the code detector.pm sub rundetector { my $class = shift; mkdir($resultDirectory); my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl/Array Sorting : Can someone please explain below code $h{$_}++

sub uniq { my %h; return grep { !$h{$_}++ } @_ } The above code is to remove duplicates from array. I am having hard time understanding below things (basically around highlighted code in bold)- when was the value inserted in hash? and are we only adding a key in Hash not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tanu
1 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)