Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting storing values in a list or array Post 302314262 by KiranKumarKarre on Thursday 7th of May 2009 11:55:54 PM
Old 05-08-2009
storing values in a list or array

i have a file called file.txt having the following entries.

i wnat to store these values in a list and i want to iterate the list using loop and store it in another list

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing pointer array in C

All .. I am having a pointer array . And trying to store the addess into that pointer array . please see below the problem i faced code: int cnt1; char *t_array; char *f_array; for(cnt1=0; cnt1<1000; cnt1++) { t_array =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching values using awk and storing into array

hi all I am using awk utility to parse the file and fetching two different vaues from two different record of a record set. I am able to see the result, now i want to store the result and perform some check of each values form database to mark valid and invalid. could you please help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing blanks in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which is as follows: 1 2 4 6 7 I am trying to store these values in an array in bash. I have the following script: FILE=try.txt ARRAY=(`awk '{print}' $FILE`) echo ${ARRAY} (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing data in perl 2D array

Respected All, Kindly help me out. I have got file listings in a directory like this: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-17 07:15 file1.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-18 08:15 file2.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-19 09:15 file3.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teknokid1
2 Replies

6. Programming

C; storing strings in an array

I am trying to get userinput from stdin and store the lines in an array. If i do this: using a char **list to store strings allocate memory to it #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { char *prog = argv; char **linelist; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing multiple values in a array variable

Am using a find command in my script .The output may be one or more. I need to store those values in a array and need to access those. Am unable to find the solution . Any help on this will be helpful. if < code> else a=<find command output which gives the file name either 1 or more> if 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl next if @array (exclude a list of values)

I'm trying to exlude a list of values with perl to process while reading in a file. Is there a way to use the next if with a list? Example: @array = qw(val1 val2 val3 val6); while (<>) { next if $_ =~ @array; # values I don't want to process here print; # process the rest here }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing two dimensional array for postprocessing

Hi Community, Would love to get some quick help on below requirement. I am trying to process mpstat output from multiple blades of my server I would like to assign this the output to an array and then use it for post processing. How can I use a two dimensional array and assign these value ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshark
23 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Storing timestamp of files in an array

Hi, I have written the below script to get the timestamp of each files and result is as below Script find /home/user -type f -name "*.json" -printf '%Tc %p\n' | awk {'print $1 " " $2 " " $3 " " $4 " " $5 " " $6 " " $7'} Input -rw-r--r-- 1 user domain users 17382 Jul 19 06:10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
5 Replies
XtGetResourceList(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 					      XtGetResourceList(3)

NAME
XtGetResourceList, XtGetConstraintResourceList - obtain resource list SYNTAX
void XtGetResourceList(WidgetClass class, XtResourceList *resources_return, Cardinal *num_resources_return); void XtGetConstraintResourceList(WidgetClass class, XtResourceList *resources_return, Cardinal *num_resources_return); ARGUMENTS
num_resources_return Specifies a pointer to where to store the number of entries in the resource list. resources_return Specifies a pointer to where to store the returned resource list. The caller must free this storage using XtFree when done with it. widget_class Specifies the widget class. DESCRIPTION
If XtGetResourceList is called before the widget class is initialized (that is, before the first widget of that class has been created), XtGetResourceList returns the resource list as specified in the widget class record. If it is called after the widget class has been ini- tialized, XtGetResourceList returns a merged resource list that contains the resources for all superclasses. The list returned by XtGet- ResourceList should be freed using XtFree when it is no longer needed. If XtGetConstraintResourceList is called before the widget class is initialized (that is, before the first widget of that class has been created), XtGetConstraintResourceList returns the resource list as specified in the widget class Constraint part record. If it is called after the widget class has been initialized, XtGetConstraintResourceList returns a merged resource list that contains the Constraint resources for all superclasses. If the specified class is not a subclass of constraintWidgetClass, *resources_return is set to NULL and *num_resources_return is set to zero. The list returned by XtGetConstraintResourceList should be freed using XtFree when it is no longer needed. SEE ALSO
XtGetSubresources(3Xt), XtOffset(3Xt) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.0.5 XtGetResourceList(3)