Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Programming Challenges - A List Post 302314258 by basicxman on Thursday 7th of May 2009 10:49:07 PM
Old 05-07-2009
my code...

extendedstrings.h is my custom library of string functions (current quite small), I use it to put the string to lowercase characters. This is for the morse code challenge at the start of the thread.

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include "extendedstrings.h"
#include <windows.h>

using namespace std;

bool exit_b = 0;
string input("");
string morsecode[37] = {".-", "-...", "-.-.", "-..", ".", "..-.", "--.", "....", "..", ".---", "-.-", ".-..", "--", "-.", "---", ".--.", "--.-", ".-.", "...", "-", "..-", "...-", ".--", "-..-", "-.--", "--..", "----", ".----", "..---", "...--", "....-", ".....", "-....", "--...", "---..", "----.", "|"};

int main() {
    while (!exit_b) {
          cout<<"Type your string to convert to morse code or press e to [e]xit."<<endl;
          getline(cin, input); 
          if (input == "e" || input == "exit" || input =="E") {
             exit_b = 1; 
             break;
          } else {
             input = toLower(input);   
             for (int i = 0; i < input.length(); i++) {
                 int ascii = (int) input.at(i);
                 int value = 0;
                 if (ascii > 96 && ascii < 123)
                    value = ascii - 97;
                 else if (ascii > 47 && ascii < 58)
                    value = ascii - 22;
                 else
                    value = 36;
                 cout<<morsecode[value]<<" ";    
             }
          }
          cout<<endl<<"Time to translate english to morse code: "<<timer.getElapsedTime()<<" seconds."<<endl;
          cout<<endl<<endl;
    }   

return 0;
}

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 6.1 IDSLDAP Installation Challenges

Please bare with me, since I am new to AIX and LDAP. I am attempting to install idsldap server on our AIX 6.1 NIM server. I installed the following packages: root@nim(/)# lslpp -l|grep ldap db2_08_01.ldap 8.1.1.80 COMMITTED DB2 LDAP Support idsldap.clt64bit61.rte 6.1.0.17 COMMITTED... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecollins
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Challenges in finding and copying the block

Hi, I have a below challenging task where iam unable to find the block and copy the same into a file. I tried my luck,howver iam unable to reach the first and second step..Can anyone help me with a clue or with the commands so that i can give a try. 1. search the <number>9966993366</number>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script - SQL statement challenges

Hi scripting experts. I have some coding challenges that I'm hoping you can help me out. I have one file#1 that contains the following sql statement that spans over multiple lines: sql Select /*+ use_has(a,b) */ * from customer a, customer_address b where a.id = b.id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchang
1 Replies
ALDO(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ALDO(1)

NAME
aldo - A fully console morse code trainer written in ISO C++. SYNOPSIS
aldo DESCRIPTION
Aldo is developed from scratch in ISO C++ using GNU C++ Standard Library and libao (www.xiph.org/ao). It is a morse code learning tool which provides four type of training methods: Blocks Identify blocks of random characters played in morse code. Koch Two morse characters will be played at full speed (20wpm) until you'll be able to identify at least 90 percent of them. After that, one more character will be added, and so on. File Identify played characters generated from a file. Callsign Identify random callsigns played in morse code. NOTES
The "Device" option under the keyer depends on the particular driver. The "default" setting picks the default sound device. This option may be used to pick a different soundcard than the default one. For alsa, it is "hw:<card>,<device>", where the card and device number are the particular hardware devices. The default is generally "hw:0.0". Generally 0 is the first card, 1 is the second, etc. Some sound cards may have multiple output devices, the device picks the particular one. For oss, sun, and aixs, it is the device name, like /dev/dsp. For esd, it is the host name, like "whizbang.com:555". It is not used on any other drivers. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Giuseppe Martino <denever@users.sf.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Nov 20, 2004 ALDO(1)