Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Patching
Operating Systems Solaris Patching Post 302314127 by incredible on Thursday 7th of May 2009 12:10:45 PM
Old 05-07-2009
Download the recommended patch cluster from sunsolve and apply.
You might want to upgrade your system firmware level too, which can be downloaded as well

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Patching Solaris

Hi quick and question for the unix expert here i downloaded the lastest patch from sun. i'm ready to patch my production server. should i just patch it as is or go in to init 1 or init S to do the patching. someone told me that you can just patch the server in init 3 and some other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xNYx
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Patching

Hi all, I'm new to Solaris. How can i make sure that all my servers are patched to the same level. When i do a uname -a, i see different level. How can i make sure that they are having the same patches. Any expert to guide me through pls? eg. ServerA#uname -a SunOS ServerA 5.10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahlude
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Patching error

Hi Gurus I wanted to patch two servers yesterday with the SUN provided patch_cluster for solaris 10 One server is had the same patchlevel before and after patching SunOS svr10008 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 The other had after the patching a different patchlevel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnom
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching utility?

I know the smpatch utility has the set-uid 0 bit on it, so I'm wondering what privileges does it take to use this tool? I don't have to be root do I? How can I let a normal account do maintenance? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solarisx86
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Patching.

Hi All, I have a question ? Which all patches need to be applied in single user mode and which all not .Is there any rule all patches need to be applied in /var/tmp.Thanks in advance for answers.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Mirror patching

HI Friends.... kindly explain os mirror patching?in SVM and Vxvm. :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
1 Replies

7. Solaris

patching a zone.

what are prerequisites or precautions we take before we install a patch in a zone.what if zone fails to boot after patching.How to recover form this situation.? Thanks in advance..:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
1 Replies

8. Solaris

patching solaris 8

OK, finally managed to get root access to the machines. Now running # uname -a SunOS unknown 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-e2 # showrev -p Patch: 112668-01 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWgzip Patch: 109889-01 Obsoletes: 109353-04 Requires: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norman Khine
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Java patching

hello, I'm a Solaris admin and I was asked to patch some RHEL servers. I'm having trouble trying to figure out the RHEL java version. Can someone help me? This what I do in Solaris java -version java version "1.5.0_34" java(TM) 2 Runtime Envirement, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_34-b03)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
5 Replies

10. Solaris

ldom patching

Greetings everyone! I have the task of patching six ldoms and two control domains. I have never done this before and would like to know of any pitfalls or "gotchas" I may encounter. I have been looking online but have found very little about patching ldoms. Thank you all. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
4 Replies
GETBUILDLOG(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GETBUILDLOG(1)

NAME
getbuildlog - download build logs from Debian auto-builders SYNOPSIS
getbuildlog package [version-pattern] [architecture-pattern] DESCRIPTION
getbuildlog downloads build logs of package from Debian auto-builders. It downloads build logs of all versions and for all architectures if version-pattern and architecture-pattern are not specified or empty, otherwise only build logs whose versions match version-pattern and build logs whose architectures match architecture-pattern will be downloaded. The version and architecture patterns are interpreted as extended regular expressions as described in grep(1). If version-pattern is "last" then only the logs for the most recent version of package found on buildd.debian.org will be downloaded. If version-pattern is "last-all" then the logs for the most recent version found on each build log index will be downloaded. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show usage information and examples. -V, --version Show version and copyright information. EXAMPLES
getbuildlog hello 2.2-1 amd64 Download amd64 build log for hello version 2.2-1. getbuildlog glibc "" mips.* Download mips(el) build logs of all glibc versions. getbuildlog wesnoth .*bpo.* Download all build logs of backported wesnoth versions. AUTHOR
Written by Frank S. Thomas <fst@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities GETBUILDLOG(1)