Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting a better way to grep until end of error message, although most seem to be 1 or 2 line Post 302314067 by VGR on Thursday 7th of May 2009 10:10:03 AM
Old 05-07-2009
heres' a snippet... it's basically a lotta errors like this. The part in bold is what i have to pull out...
This may vary from 1 line to 10 lines.

This is a log of whatever is seen on the screen
DROP VIEW V_VALUES

DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a
valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned:
SQL0204N "ITUAM.VW_TT_VALUES" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep error message

hi, I get this error message after I pipe a lot of output into grep. Does anyone know what his means? grep: writing output: Invalid argument thanks, gammaman (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammaman
3 Replies

2. Solaris

syntax error at line 59: `end of file' unexpected

Hello... I'm trying to run the sshd script, but I keep geting the Syntax errot message . Here's the last few lines on the script. set nu in vi shows 58 lines, but I keep getting error referring to line 59. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Remi else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there a better way to grep until end of error message?

My file creates an output log after which includes a few sql queries. I segregate them into warnings and errors and then get a total count. The errors' and warnings' lines always start with SQL{4} followed by the details of the error. This is what im doing as o now... errors=`grep -A 1 -E... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VGR
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from a starting line till the end of the file

Hi Folks, I got to know from this forums on how to grep from a particular line say line 6 awk 'NR==6 {print;exit}' But how do i grep from line 6 till the end of the file or command output. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK-grep from line number to the end of file

Does anyone know how to use awk to act like grep from a particular line number to the end of file? I am using Solaris 10 and I don't have any GNU products installed. Say I want to print all occurrences of red starting at line 3 to the end of file. EXAMPLE FILE: red green red red... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

end of line error

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: #/bin/sh -xv #Author: Lauren Buecker #Date: September 28 2012 #Class COP3353 #Assignment: Assignment 4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swimmerbhs
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep lines with numbers greater than 2 digits at the end of the line

I'm trying to grep lines where the digits at the end of each line are greater than digits. Tried this but it will only allow me to specify 2 digits. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. grep -i '\<\{3,4,5\}\>' file ---------- Post updated at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:41... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

9. SCO

Grep to ignore suffix & find end of line

In COBOL, a hyphen can be used in a field name and in a specific program some field names would be identical to others except a suffix was added--sometimes a suffix to a suffix was used. For example, assume I am looking for AAA, AAA-BBB, and AAA-BBB-CCC and don't want to look at AAA-BBB-CCC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep after - til the end of the line

Hi, i need to cat a file after # till the end of the file usually ill do cat /etc/somthing | grep -A999999 # but its not that professional thanks edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags (or ICODE-tags) for code and data. Thank you. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
9 Replies
DROP 
AGGREGATE(7) SQL Commands DROP AGGREGATE(7) NAME
DROP AGGREGATE - remove an aggregate function SYNOPSIS
DROP AGGREGATE [ IF EXISTS ] name ( type [ , ... ] ) [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP AGGREGATE removes an existing aggregate function. To execute this command the current user must be the owner of the aggregate func- tion. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the aggregate does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing aggregate function. type An input data type on which the aggregate function operates. To reference a zero-argument aggregate function, write * in place of the list of input data types. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the aggregate function. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the aggregate function if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To remove the aggregate function myavg for type integer: DROP AGGREGATE myavg(integer); COMPATIBILITY
There is no DROP AGGREGATE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER AGGREGATE [alter_aggregate(7)], CREATE AGGREGATE [create_aggregate(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP AGGREGATE(7)