Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: number check in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting number check in perl Post 302314003 by shellwell on Thursday 7th of May 2009 07:40:35 AM
Old 05-07-2009
Thanks redoubtable.
It worked. I hadn't thought about that.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check if variable is a number

If I have a variable $X, how do I check it is a number? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a variable is a number - perl

Logic of code if ( $var is a number ) { Do something } else { Do something else } My question is: How do I check if a variable is a number. All the reg ex that I came up with to match this is failing. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether a string is number or not

Hi , I am facing a problem .. which looks simple... but took 2 days of mine.. even now it is not solved completely.. I have one variable..., want to know whether that variable contains number... canbe +ve or -ve ... Values +35 --- number -43 --- number 45A -- non number... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check a word is number or not

Hi, I have one file like 00123. And this file name is generated as a sequence. So how can I confirm the generated file name is a number, not a special character or alphabets. Can anybody help me out. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if the value is Number

Hi, I have a file with data as given $cat file1.txt 123 234 23e 234.456 234.876e 345.00 I am checking if the values are proper integers using the command. nawk -F'|' 'int($1)!=$1 {printf "Error in field 1|"$0"\n"}' file1.txt This is checking for only integers ( without... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check params for number

I have 2 and three params, both I should make sure thay numbers at one single line insted of checking for each one . Example I wroote the following way.. checking for 2 and three seperately but I shud be able to do it at on statement echo $2 | egrep '^+$' >/dev/null 2>&1 if ; then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : print the sequence number without missing number

Dear Perl users, I need your help to solve my problem below. I want to print the sequence number without missing number within the range. E.g. my sequence number : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 14 my desired output: 1 -8 , 11-14 my code below but still problem with the result: 1 - 14 1 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandai
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of instance check

Hi, We are getting a curios result in one of AIX script. Its executed using !/bin/ksh . After following line we get result of 3 in in the variable instance_count. instance_count=`ps -ef | grep "script_check_instances.sh" | grep -v "grep" | wc -l` But once we do a "ps -aef | grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niba
2 Replies

10. Programming

Perl: restrict perl from automaticaly creating a hash branches on check

My issue is that the perl script (as I have done it so far) created empty branches when I try to check some branches on existence. I am using multydimentional hashes: found it as the best way for information that I need to handle. Saing multidimentional I means hash of hashes ... So, I have ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.16.3 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)