Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX mkinstallp mark a file as volatile Post 302313888 by acerlinux on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 09:37:18 PM
Old 05-06-2009
mkinstallp mark a file as volatile

I want to make a bff installp package which should be AIX5.2 compatible, but i don't know how to mark a file as volatile within the mkinstallp's template file. Anyone could help pls?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

volatile

hi plz explain about volatile keyword in C language bye... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

2. Programming

volatile variable

give me the detail about volatile , applications, how to use volatile variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodkumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

~mark

hi guys I am studing unix and I have some questions to ask. what is the diffrence beteween man and info? how and when we use ~ mark? tanks henk ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: henk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk for volatile column list

Hi guys I have my 5th column like this 12 12:00 12:13:14 5-12:13:14 Meaning 5 days 12 hrs 13 minutes and 14 seconds I need to split this column into above meaning format. But all other columns are separated by single while space. I am using awk command to print other... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yorker
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mark End Of File

Hello, I've realized, thanks to Jim, that in C - deleting a single record in a file is not possible. Is there a way of moving the EOF of the file (and by that, discarding the last records of the file)? Thank you.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klafte
2 Replies

6. AIX

Q: how to let mkinstallp to keep Packaging_root clean?

AIX newbie question. Well the scenario is: I have the clean file tree created at /path/to/Packaging_root/* and I will run mkinstallp -d /path/to/Packaging_root -T template_file mkinstallp will create some files in the Packaging_root directory like, .info, etc symlink to /etc if I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tag/mark a file with current absolute path

Hi all, I need to mark a file with it's current location in the file system before being moved. This will enable the file to be restored back to it's original location. Can anyone provide any ideas about the best way to do this, at present i'm trying to use readlink -m to strip off the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backwards question mark appearing in FTP'd file

Hi all, I'm trying to FTP what looks like a simple .txt file from my Windows XP desktop to my UNIX server. I've tried using several programs to do this including UltraEdit and FTP Commander. I have tried sending it ascii, binary and even let the program decide. But every time it arrives in UNIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
4 Replies

9. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any solution with awk for volatile columns??

Hi I have this file with content ale,4 ,ale,2 ,ale,1 ,ale,2 ale,1 ,ale,7 ,ale,7 ,ale,13 ale,6 ,ale,1 ,ale,1 ,ale,1 ale,1 ,ale,1 ,ale,37 ,ale,1 ale,1 ,ale,1 ,ale,2 ,ale,37 ale,77 ,ale,1 ,ale,53 ,ale,3 ale,5 ,ale,1 ,ale,2 ,ale,40 ale,1 ,ale,1 ,ale,44 ,ale,1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)			   systemd-volatile-root.service			  SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-volatile-root.service, systemd-volatile-root - Make the root file system volatile SYNOPSIS
systemd-volatile-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-volatile-root DESCRIPTION
systemd-volatile-root.service is a service that replaces the root directory with a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs"), mounting the original (non-volatile) /usr inside it read-only. This way, vendor data from /usr is available as usual, but all configuration data in /etc, all state data in /var and all other resources stored directly under the root directory are reset on boot and lost at shutdown, enabling fully stateless systems. This service is only enabled if full volatile mode is selected, for example by specifying "systemd.volatile=yes" on the kernel command line. This service runs only in the initial RAM disk ("initrd"), before the system transitions to the host's root directory. Note that this service is not used if "systemd.volatile=state" is used, as in that mode the root directory is non-volatile. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-fstab-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)