Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to run shell script inside expect script? Post 302313785 by JerryHone on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 12:58:46 PM
Old 05-06-2009
Can you just store the multiple commands inside an array ...
Code:
set cmdstr(0) "command1"
set cmdstr(1) "command2"
set cmdstr(2) "command3"
expect -c"
spawn telnet $ip
expect "login:"
send \"$usrname\r\"
expect "Password:"
send \"$passwd\r\"
expect "*\>"
for {set i 0} {$i<[array size cmdstr]} {incr i} {
    send "$cmdstr($i)\r"
    expect "*\>"
}
send \"exit\r\"
expect eof"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an SQL script inside a shell

How do I create a K Shell which would silently (without user input) logon to Oracle and run an SQL script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Steve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevefox
1 Replies

3. Programming

Expect script to run a Shell script on remote server

Hi All, I am using a expect script to run a shell script on remote server, the code is as follows. But the problem is that it executes only first command, and hangs it doesn't run the next commands. spawn ssh $uid@$host expect "password:" send "$password\r" expect "*\r" send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthsn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use expect to run an interactive shell script?

Hi all, I have a bit of a vexing issue here and I'm not certain how best to go about it. Basically, I want to run a shell script and automate the user prompt of hitting 1 to fully uninstall Symantec Anti-Virus for OS X. Would expect be the best way to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prometheon123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i use if else inside expect command in shell script?

hii,, I am trying to automate jira. during my scripting using bash script, in the terminal i got the terminal message like this: "Configure which ports JIRA will use. JIRA requires two TCP ports that are not being used by any other applications on this machine. The HTTP port is where you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithinfluent
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script inside shell script not working.

Shell Scipt: temp.sh su - <$username> expect pass.exp Expect script: pass.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -f # Login ####################### expect "Password: " send "<$password>\r" it comes up with Password: but doesnt take password passed throguh file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .exe inside shell script

I have to run some shell scripts in Windows using Cygwin. I am able to achieve that using %BASH% --login -i "/cygdrive/d/script.sh" , where %BASH% is an environment variable in Windows set to C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe. I have a created a Cygwin environment variable $EXE_PATH =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemanthJayasimh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts parallely inside shell script?

Hi , I have 4 scripts example script1,script2,script3,script4 . I have to run script1,script2 and script3 parallely since this 3 scripts dont have dependencies . Once script1,script2 and script3 got completed successfully , I have to trigger script4. Can someone help me on this how to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge Expect script inside shell script?

Hi I have two scripts one is Expect and other is shell. I want to merge Expect code in to Shell script so that i can run it using only one script. Can somebody help me out ? Order to execute: Run Expect_install.sh first and then when installation completes run runTests.sh shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
runtest(1)						      General Commands Manual							runtest(1)

NAME
runtest - the DejaGnu test driver program SYNOPSIS
runtest [ options ] DESCRIPTION
DejaGnu is a framework for running test suites on GNU tools. It is written in expect, which uses TCL (Tool command language). runtest is the test driver program; use it to control what tests to run, and variations on how to run them. You can find a comprehensive description of DejaGnu and runtest in The DejaGnu Testing Framework or its Info version, dejagnu.info. OPTIONS
--all Print all test output to screen. By default, only unexpected results are displayed. --baud rate Set the baud rate for a serial line connection. Some serial interface programs (like tip) don't use this value but instead use a separate initialization file. --connect type The type of connection to use. The choices are rlogin, telnet, rsh, kermit, tip and mondfe. --debug Turn on expect internal debugging output. All output is logged to a file called dbg.out. The output of the --strace also goes into this file. --help Prints out a help screen and then exits. --host type The configuration string for the host. --ignore test1.exp test2.exp ... Do not run the specified tests. Electronic mail addresses to receive test results. --name hostname The network hostname of the target board. --objdir path path is a directory containing compiled test code. --outdir directory The name of a directory for test log output. --reboot Reboot the target board when runtest initializes (if supported). --srcdir path path is a directory containing test directories. --strace N Turns on expect internal tracing to N levels deep. --target type The configuration string for the target. --tool toolname Specify the tool to be tested. toolname controls the test suite applied, and the associated initialization module. --verbose, -v Turns on more debugging output from test cases and DejaGnu utility code. Use more than once to increase output further. --version, -V Prints out the versions of DejaGnu, expect and Tcl. -D[number] Activate the Tcl debugger.number can be either 1 or 0. If it is 1, then the expect shell will break when it starts to run. All ^C's drop DejaGnu back to the debugger prompt. A 0 starts DejaGnu like normal, but a ^C drops to the debugger prompt. Any file name on the command line is assumed to be a subset of the test names to run. Usually these are the names of the expect test driver, ie... special.exp. Makefile style variables are used to specify tool names and their flags; these and other configuration dependent values are saved in the file site.exp, created during configuration. EXIT CODES
runtest sets the exit code to 1 if any of the tests failed, or sets it to 0 if all the tests passed. SEE ALSO
The DejaGnu Testing Framework (dejagnu.info). This is the DejaGnu manual; its source is the SGML files doc/*.sgml. in the DejaGnu distri- bution. AUTHOR
Rob Savoye (rob@welcomehome.org) 08 Dec 1998 runtest(1)