Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing txt
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing txt Post 302313633 by panyam on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 07:40:39 AM
Old 05-06-2009
Hi Monkey_dean,

Is it the file names which will have the dates like this ?

1987.abc.mov
2008.abc.mov
2009.abc.mov

or the content of the file will hav these data ?..

In the first case ... Is this file names are havng uniq syntax ( i mean date.abc.mov ) ?..always

or any where in the file name date hav to delete ?..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find lines in file1.txt not found in file2.txt memory problem

I have a diff command that does what I want but when comparing large text/log files, it uses up all the memory I have (sometimes over 8gig of memory) diff file1.txt file2.txt | grep '^<'| awk '{$1="";print $0}' | sed 's/^ *//' Is there a better more efficient way to find the lines in one file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor25
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Line in Txt File

So I have a python program that I run, which runs accordingly to options I have listed in a text file (ie user_prefs). Now there are many options listed in this user_prefs.txt, but the one of most interest to me is that of the file path of the time series. I have over a hundred of these time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete file2.txt from file1.txt using scripting

Hi, I`m a total newbie, well my requirement is that i have 2 files I want to identify which countries i do not currently have in db.. how can i use the grep or another command to find this file .. i want to match all-countries.txt with countries-in-db.txt so the output is equal to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beanbaby
11 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Changing txt files to pure UTF-8

I have two Macs running 10.7.5. We download .txt files from remote site to these local Macs using 'rsync -e ssh -avz...'. The files on Mac1 are in the required format of pure UTF-8. The files on Mac2 are in UTF-8 (no BOM) which is wrong format for us; these formats are indicated using BBEdit.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sovdia
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi. changing txt into table

just discover this thread. It sounds perfect for me because I am following an online course on command line tools and some instruction ... seems not be replicable on my Terminal Here is an example on a txt file with n rows each containing 3 word separated by a space. a b c d e f .... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrMe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies
AVCONVERT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      AVCONVERT(1)

NAME
avconvert -- movie conversion tool SYNOPSIS
avconvert [-hvq] --p <preset_name> --s <source_media> --o <output_movie> DESCRIPTION
avconvert can be used to compress video media to different types for sharing on the web or loading onto devices. -h prints usage information and available presets -v sets the console output to verbose -q sets the console output to quiet -prog shows progress during the export (default with -v) -p | --preset name converts the source media to an output file using the specified preset. Use --listPresets to get the full list. Common presets are: PresetAppleM4VCellular PresetAppleM4ViPod PresetAppleM4VWiFi PresetAppleM4VAppleTV PresetAppleM4V480pSD PresetAppleM4V720pHD PresetAppleM4V1080pHD PresetAppleM4A -s | --source file is the source media file -o | --output file is the output movie file --listPresets lists all of the presets avconvert supports --listTracks lists the available tracks in the source media. Must be used with the --source flag OPTIONS
Optional flags to configure the audio export settings -adr number a limit value for the data rate for the audio track in bits per second -af fourCC sets the format of the audio output using a fourCC eg. aac -sr number configures the sample rate of the output in Hertz. eg. 44100 -cc number is the channel count of the output eg. 1 (for mono) 2 (stereo) 4 (quad) Optional flags to configure the video export settings -vdr number a limit value for the video data rate in bits per second -th number sets the height of the output video in pixels -tw number sets the width of the output video in pixels -vc fourCC sets the format of the video output using a fourCC eg. avc1 -fr number sets the frame rate of the output video in frames per second -kr number specifies how often keyframes appear in the output video -fr yes | no sets whether or not to enable frame reordering (b-frames) Optional flags configuring track and metadata output -ot name omits the listed track type from the exported movie Allowable track types are: videoTrack audioTrack subtitleTrack chapterTrack thumbnailTrack closedcaptionTrack textTrack -md file sets the file from which the metadata for the export is found if that is different from the source movie EXAMPLES
avconvert --listPresets Lists the available presets that can be used for export avconvert --preset AppleM4ViPod --source sample_movie.mov --output ipod_movie.m4v Exports the source movie "sample_movie.mov" to "ipod_movie.m4v" using the iPod encoding preset avconvert --preset AppleM4VAppleTV --source sample_movie.mov --output appletv_movie.m4v -adr 128000 -sr 441000 Overrides the AppleTV defaults for audio data rate and sample rate in the output movie avconvert --preset AppleM4VAppleTV --source sample_movie.mov --output appletv_movie.m4v -ot audioTrack Omits the audio track from the output file "appletv_movie.m4v" HISTORY
avconvert command first appeared in Mac OS X 10.7. Mac OS X December 14, 2011 Mac OS X