Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut a string in a textfile line per line Post 302313627 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 07:17:06 AM
Old 05-06-2009
added comments to the original post.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To cut end string from line

HI, I want to cut end string from line. e.g. i have following input line /users/home/test.txt I want to get end string 'test.txt' from above line and length of that end string will change and it always start after '/'. Thanks, Visu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: visu
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

4 GB delimited-textfile on ONE LINE

I have delimited-text files ( > 4GB ) and is just one line. OS: HP-UX 11.23 Awk / cut / sed all have line_max limitations. & unable to read one line in (Buffered-mode). Sample file: xxxx|adsfadf|Afdsa|adsf|afds|Asdfas|ads|Afds|Asdf| .....till forever, I want to put a carriage... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut string from a line into a variable

Hi, I am working on a ksh script and I´m stuck on the following: I have to get the pthread_id from a procstack file for a particular tid#. ---------- tid# 1274057 (pthread ID: 1800) ---------- ---------- tid# 1736913 (pthread ID: 4019) ---------- ---------- tid# 1478705 (pthread ID: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf33uk
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get line of textfile and store it in variable

Hi! I need to do the following: (1) I wan't to extract a line of a textfile (defined by a numer) and store it into a variable... (2) ...but I want to cut out a part of the line which is between two tokens and store just this to the variable Example: BlaBlaBla Bla2Bla2Bla2 *pPointerOne;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michi21609
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract more than 1 line in a textfile ?

Hi, I'm starting a little project with a shell script but I'm don't know how to do it. Maybe someone can help me. I have un text file like this : I'd like to do a script who will extract from my file from @ADDLINE1@ to @ADDLINE4@ only and I have no idea how to do this. Any idea ? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poulki
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut line up to a string

hi all In my bash script I want to cut a line up to a specific string and keep the rest of it but only up to a ".How can I do that?I imagine something with sed.. Let's say my line is: Jennifer Jones (student) "id:376765748587/7465674775" NewYork and i only want to keep: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write $line number into textfile and read from line number

Hello everyone, I don't really know anything about scripting, but I have to manage to make this script, out of necessity. #!/bin/bash while read -r line; do #I'm reading from a big wordlist instructions using $line done Is there a way to automatically write the $line number the script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print in one line after reading textfile with paragraphs

Hello everybody I have a text file which has the following format: nmm "text20140601.033954text" "text" "text" "text" , ... , "text" "text" , ... , Lat 36.3247 Lon 16.0588 Depth 8 "text", ... , "text" "text", ..., CovXX 1.65 CovYY 2.32 CovZZ 1.2 "text" , ..., "text nmm ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
6 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-q] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -q Suppress some informational messages. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)