Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX relocatable package help
Operating Systems AIX AIX relocatable package help Post 302313536 by zxmaus on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 02:40:58 AM
Old 05-06-2009
The relocatable installs in the directory of your choice - but still maintains the directory structure you give the package ... so if your data is like

./opt
./opt/TEST

than - since only the . will be replaced by your usil directory - you will see <yourpath>/opt/Test

if you want to have it <yourpath>/TEST

than the package structure needs to be according to this

./TEST

Hope that helps ?

Rgds
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for SSL software package (AIX 5.1)

When i install SSH on AIX 5.1 I get the following message { A prerequisite package has not been installed. Open SSH requires Open SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Please install Open SSL from the AIX Toolbox for Linux CD or Toolbox website: } I cannot find the AIX toolbox for linux CD, also on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janr
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX maintenance package 4.3.

Hello, we have an 7015-R40, we want to update AIX. oslevel shows 4.3.2.0 At ibm.com we found following AIX 4300-11 maintenance package Recommended maintenance for AIX 4.3.3 It's possible to update the system with this file or does we need another source? Thank you! S. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagitario
8 Replies

3. Linux

Find installed location of a relocatable package

Hi, I am finding the installed location of a package by: rpm -qi <package_name> And then parse the string "Relocations". If i relocate this package during installation with --relocate option , the "Relocations" string still shows the old value. Though the package has been installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

4. AIX

Uninstall a relocatable package

Hi, If a package has been installed at normal location: installp -u <package_name> uninstalls the package However, if that has been installed relocatable, the above command fails. It requires the relocatable path as the parameter installp -R <relocation_path> -u <package_name> To find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

6. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts, How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS? I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ? thanks in advance. -Mallela (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmallela
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need find package that supports printf on AIX

My current find command does not support printf. I need find package that supports printf on AiX 6.1 system. Can anyone help me with the download link or where / how / if I can find it ? Can it be installed at a different non default location so that it can be reference without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
INSTALL-XPI(1)						     mozilla-devscripts suite						    INSTALL-XPI(1)

NAME
install-xpi - installs a xpi file into a Debian package SYNOPSIS
install-xpi [options] xpi-file DESCRIPTION
install-xpi is a helper tool for packaging XUL extensions. It installs the given xpi file into the correct directory and creates the required links based on the data in the install.rdf file. It corrects the file permissions unless --preserve-permissions is specified. install-xpi will create a configuration file in /etc if the XUL extension provides one or more preferences files in defaults/preferences. The configuration file contains only a description where to find the overridable preferences. debian/package.js is used as configuration file instead if it exists. The placeholder @INSTALLDIR@ is replaces by the actual installation directory. You can disable the creation of a system configuration file with --disable-system-prefs. OPTIONS
--disable-system-prefs Do not create a system preference file in /etc. -x file, --exclude=file The specified file from the xpi file will not be installed. You can use this parameter several times. -h, --help Display a brief help message. -i directory, --install-dir=directory The xpi file will be installed in the specified directory. directory must be an absolute path. Use this parameter with care. -l directory, --link=directory An additional link from the directory to the installation directory of the extension will be created. You can use this parameter several times. -p package, --package=package The xpi file will be installed in the specified binary package. If this parameter is not provided, the first binary package listed in debian/control will be used. --preserve-permissions The permissions of the files in the xpi file will not be modified. If this parameter is not provided, install-xpi will try to cor- rect the permissions of the files to 644 (files that starts with a shebang will be corrected to 755). -r, --remove-license-files Files with names like copying, licence, or license will not be installed. -v, --verbose Print more information. AUTHOR
Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> install-xpi January 2010 INSTALL-XPI(1)